8 ~ soul marks

Wednesday June 12th 2:37pm

"Hey, MooMoo.. wake up love it's 2pm."

Aimee sat down on the side of Moon's bed, rubbing her back while the eighteen year old struggled to keep her eyes open.

"Five more hours."

She pushed her face back onto the pillow and fell back into her sleep, letting tiredness get the better of her.

Aimee decided to let her friend sleep longer and left the room, grabbing some money and going out to get groceries.

She walked down the street and went into the nearest Walmart, wandering down the isles.

By three o'clock in the afternoon Moon had managed to drag herself out of bed and into the shower.

She ripped off her hoodie and sweatpants and got into the shower, freezing in place when she looked down at herself, noticing the small marks forming on her skin.

On each of Moon's shoulders were small marks, a butterfly and a heart. On her left thigh was an outline of a face with blue butterflies surrounding it and behind her ear was a small black flower.

She stared at them in adoration and ran her fingers over the marks, smiling.

(Soulmarks appear when a person makes physical contact with their soulmate)

She was in a bit of a daze for a moment before shaking her head and jumping up and down, letting out a small squeal of happiness.

She got into the shower and turned on the water, running her fingers through her brown wavy hair.

Ten minutes later, Moon stepped out and got dressed into an oversized sweatshirt and a blue denim skirt with some butterfly earrings and a couple of coloured rings on each hand.

She pulled on her green converse and grabbed her bag, making her way into the elevator to go and get a cup of tea from Mazies.

When she got to the cafe she approached the counter to see Rhy, who was for some reason still here.

"What's up with you lately? You've been taking all the shifts you can get here. Have you even been on a break since 7?"

"Nope. Saving up so that I can get back to England as soon as possible."

"You've been working for six hours, take an hour off. I'll work your shift."

"Nope. Gotta get as much as I can."

"Keep the pay, now go sit over there, I'll get you a coffee."

She pushed him over to a table, ignoring his protests, and made two drinks, a black coffee for Rhy and some chocolate bubble tea for herself with mango popping bubbles.

(if you haven't had bubble tea or boba before you are missing out it's fucking great)

She sat down at the table with him, leaving Eric to serve the customers on his own, and slid the coffee over to Rhy.

"C'mon. I'm your therapist now. Tell me your shit. I'll give you advice."

"My mum's using again.. and I just want to make sure that Elsie's safe, y'know?"

Rhy's mum had struggled with addiction since he was a kid. As far as he can remember, The only time she was clean was when she was pregnant with Elsie.

"Well.. um.."

Moon tried to think of something to say but her mind went blank.

"Oh! Get custody of her! Tell the police that she's using and that Elsie isn't safe."

"Moo.. I can't do that to my mum. I appreciate it, really, but I couldn't. I might have to move back to England.."

"Rhy you shouldn't have to do that. I don't know a lot about parents but I know that they shouldn't have to rely on their kids. You moved here to become an actor! It's been a bit unsuccessful but you shouldn't have to give that up."

"Thanks, Moo, but I do have to. I've already booked the tickets and I've got to look after Els. But hey, don't worry. I'll still visit you lot on holidays."

He said, putting his arm around her shoulders and kissing her forehead.

"Ok then.. but I'll miss you. I hate you but I'll miss you."

The duo laughed and stayed sat for a while before Eric came yelling about Rhy not doing anything and he went back to work.

Moon picked up her plastic cup with the drink in and walked out, waving goodbye to her friends.

She got in a cab to the closest car dealership, hoping to surprise Aimee with some money she'd saved.

She walked around for half an hour before choosing a white four seater with a roof that came off. It was Aimee's dream car and similar to one from mean girls.

She payed and signed some forms leaving with the car. By the time she got back it had been three hours and there was a certain brunette waiting outside the building for her.

"Hey Wanda!"

"Hi Moon. How were your dates with Pietro and Tony?"

"They were great, They're both really sweet."

"Cool, so uh, do you want to come to the tower tomorrow? To Meet everyone."

"Yeah sure, you have my number, text me."

"I'll pick you up Friday, 3 o'clock?."

"Sounds good."

She walked away and got into a car, speeding off down the road.

Moon went up, telling Aimee about Rhy and her plans for tomorrow to see the avengers.

It was eight pm and Moon went up, changing into a T-shirt and shorts before climbing into bed to watch Jennifer's body and falling asleep.