3 | Allison Bright

When I woke up again, I was lying on the same spot as before. Feeling the dull pain at the back of my head. I felt the back of my head, there wasn't any blood but there was sure a huge bump at the spot I was knocked.

I immediately got up and the man was still in the same spot as well. It looked like they weren't going to move the crime scene. I have to get out of here quickly before someone notices and calls the police.

As I ran, I remembered that the pill I was forced to take was supposed to kill me. So why am I still alive? I've got to find Bill to help me, he has a PhD, he should be able to figure out.

I was panting heavily as I ran. I have been running for minutes yet the progress has been so slow. I feel like I should have reached his house by now. I leaned against the glass to catch my breath and glanced at my reflection. I had to do a double take when I saw myself.

I shrunk!

I went back to the size I was in 1st grade/primary school. No wonder I'm taking so long to run, my legs are shorter now.

I continued running and making my way to Bill's house. He didn't answer when I pressed the doorbell. "Hey!! It's me! Open the door! Open the goddamn door!!" I spammed the doorbell and rattled his gate.

"Who are you and what are you doing in front of my house?" I turned around and saw Bill coming back from god knows where. He is in his usual sloppy mess no matter how many I told him to dress properly. He looks like Albert Einstein to be honest.

"I'm Y/N! I don't know what happened but I'm Y/N!" It was weird looking up at an adult since we were normally around the same height.

"How can I believe you?" He looked at me skeptically. He knows that I am an Avenger and people may be out to get him.

"Uhhh well..." I racked my brain to think of something that only I would know. "I know that your favourite drink is tomato juice, you are always coming up with new inventions, you have a mole on your back and-"

"Okay okay, I believe. Let's just head in, yeah?" He unlocked his door and invited me in. We continued talking about the situation for a while as he pulled out the clothes for me that I used to wear in 1st grade/primary school. My parents are no longer around so I would stay with him until I was old enough to live in my parent's house. It was just the next street, but it was nice to have some privacy alone when I was older.

"I am going to make them pay for doing this." Bill could hear the anger seeping through my voice.

"Where are you going to stay?" Bill asked. Before I got to reply, the doorbell rang again.

"Are you expecting someone?" Bill's circle of friends was small and the number of people who would be visiting this late would be even smaller.

"Bill! Are you in there?" We looked at each other as we heard Nat's voice at the front door. I scrambled to find a place to hide as Bill went to open the door. Sadly, we were in his study so everything was exposed except underneath the table.

"Y/N! Are you here?" Nat's voice sounded throughout the house. I rushed to find a disguise and the only thing helping was the spare glasses in his drawers. I put them on but the degree was so high that everything was a blur and I lost balance and knocked my head against the side of the table.

"What's that noise?"

I pushed the lens out of the glasses before putting them on just in time as Nat placed her hand on my arm and pulled me out of my hiding spot.

"Ahhh I see you've found my friend's niece." Bill hurried with an excuse. A friend's niece? Couldn't he think of something better?

"They are away for a business trip and left me to take care of her. But as you know, I can hardly take care of myself. Do you mind helping me with a favour and taking care of her for me?" I looked at Bill in shock. What was he doing?

"I- but it's dangerous." Nat replied.

"And you think it's safe here for her? You know my lab here explodes every now and then. Comparing here and the compound, I think the compound is much safer." Bill reasoned with her.

Nat looked at me before sighing. "I guess... What's your name, young lady?" Nat bent down and asked while I was backed against the bookshelf.

I flustered, glancing back at the bookshelf and took the first two names I saw. "Allison, Allison Bright."

"Nice to meet you Allison. I'm Natasha Romanoff but you can call me Nat." Nat gave me a kind smile and I felt guilty for lying to her. I had no idea how long my body was going to stay in this state, certainly not for a short period of time.

"Alright, do you want to follow me back now?"

"I'll just have a quick word with Bill here." Nat nodded her head and went to her car.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I whispered despite Natasha being away from earshot.

"What? You're able to find more clues with her than with me. I'm sure you will cross paths with them again some day."

"You better not tell anyone about this." I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. "They think I'm dead and I intend to make it stay that way."

"Have fun staying with your crush!" He shouted as I walked out of the study. 

Posted on 7/1/2021

I have a question:
Do you prefer second POV or first POV?