5 | Clothes

I woke up a few hours later feeling a lot better. I vaguely remembered Natasha saying something to me while taking care of me but I can't seem to remember what. Sighing, I reached over to take out the IV since I wasn't needing them anymore.

"Allison."

"Allison." I heard someone next to me repeat it. Oh wait, that's my name now.

"Yeah?" I turned around to face the owner of the voice. Natasha was lying on the bed next to me and I sucked in a deep breath. When did she lay next to me? Why do I not remember and how could I not remember? This is the first time we were in the same bed and I had to be in a child size. I cursed myself for not remembering anything.

"Are you feeling alright? You were in a lot of pain earlier." Nat questioned softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm a bit hungry." I replied. I was very hungry, extremely hungry, remembering that I didn't get to make it back with Natasha for dinner, meaning it was almost 24 hours since I ate.

"I'm sure Wanda can make something for you. You can also take your pill after. It's over there on the table." Nat pointed towards your bedside table. "And if you're up for it, we should probably get you some clothes."

I nodded my head. I am in need of clothes, what I'm wearing is all I have. I followed Nat down to the dining area and Wanda and Bucky were back from their mission yesterday. It brought a smile to my face at the thought of still being able to see them.

"This here is Wanda and Bucky. They came back after you went to bed." I greeted both of them before going to my seat. Everyone looked at me as I sat down and I looked at them confused.

"Is there something on my face?" I ran my hand on my face.

"No... you just sat there so naturally. It was supposed to be Y/N's seat but she disappeared yesterday... Any news on her Tony?" Steve changed his attention to him. 

I didn't mean to do this. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm a new person and I'm living with a bunch of smart ass people who can probably figure out my cover if I make a few slip ups.

"No. FRIDAY couldn't find anything. She just vanished into thin air." Tony sighed. The atmosphere in the room went a few notches down.

"Here, leftovers from lunch earlier. Hope you don't mind." Wanda brought a plate in front of me before taking a seat next to me.

"I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you're very mature for a seven year old." Wanda continued as I began eating.

"Uh..." I didn't know what to reply to her. What? Tell her that I'm actually 30 years old?

"Her parents aren't around much." Nat helped me reply as I struggled to find an answer. I nodded to provide some support to that statement. Wanda seemed to accept the answer and left me to eat in peace. I wolfed down the entire meal and asked for seconds as I was famished.

"Thank you so much. It was really good." I let out a satisfying sigh as I finished the last bite on my plate. Wanda's cooking was always something to look forward to.

---

I waited with Wanda while Nat went to get her car. "Do you have any particular style you're looking for?" She inquired. It was spring, so she had her hands in her jacket that she stole from Nat unintentionally and was now keeping. Nat kept teasing her about it and Wanda kept stressing over it the first few days she was here.

"Just anything comfortable." I said.

I got into the back seat and we drove off to the nearby mall. We went into H&M, Levi, and a bunch of other shops to get clothes for me. I always have one hand in my pocket seemingly holding onto the nonexistent item in my pocket with the other hand holding onto Wanda.
(which store do you normally go to for clothes?)

I wanted to hold Nat's hand, not Wanda's but she had her arms crossed in front of her. Each time she placed her hands down, I would try to reach for it but she would occupy her hands with her phone or place them in the pocket. Why is it so hard to hold hands with your crush?

"Can I have ice cream?" I looked at Wanda who looked at Nat. Without saying a word, she walked towards the ice cream shop and waited for us to place our orders. I had no idea what made her turn colder than the ice cream.

"Chocolate please." I said to Wanda, leaving Nat alone, not wanting to get frostbite. She went ahead to get mine and chocolate chips for herself. We sat at a table enjoying our ice cream while Nat was scrolling through her phone, seemingly about work. I finished my ice cream faster than Wanda since I was taking bigger mouthful than her.

We were waiting for Wanda to finish before heading back to the compound and I was looking around. The duo who did dirty to me definitely have a huge organisation backing them. I recalled them testing the drug on me, but were there other victims? Did they die or did they turn small like me?

Suddenly, I saw a shady guy picking a little girl away and the mother frantically trying to catch up to them. Passerby stared at them, not knowing how to help as the girl continued to cry for her mother's arms. I got up from my seat red with anger and tried to stop them as they were running towards me.

Using a discarded soda can lying on the ground, I kicked it towards his face like I usually do but it hardly made any impact. Right... my strength went down too...

This angered the man a lot as he snapped his attention to me, now taking out the knife and running towards me for foiling his plan.

Oh shit.

I raised my arms to protect my head but only heard the sound of a knife dropping.

I looked up to see Nat twisting his hand as if it was an everyday thing. His other hand was occupied with holding the girl which now is gently being taken by Wanda who went to look for her mother. He went for a punch but Nat used the momentum to twist him around and he ended up on the floor with his hands behind his back.

The guards of the mall were alerted and he was escorted out of the mall into a police car for attempted kidnapping and assault.

"What do you think you are doing? A seven year old stopping a crime? DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS?" Nat raised her voice at me. Okay, now I know why the others are afraid of her.

"It was just instincts..." I replied to her timidly as my arm was still in her hand. She just sighed and walked towards where the car was parked. I followed behind her and Wanda came along after bidding goodbye to the girl and her mother.

"How are you? Are you hurt?" She asked. I shook my head. "You gave us quite a scare. Nat was afraid she wouldn't be able to stop it in time."

"I'm sorry."

Posted on 19 Jan 2022

Mann. I've been so busy with work this two weeks that I hardly have the time to write at all.

It's like a 9-5 job but with fine prints.