19 | Christmas

It was Christmas Eve and you still haven't gotten anything for the team. You took Tony's card on the day you went ice skating with Nat and Wanda but there wasn't any chance to use them. You tried finding the black card amongst your belongings but it was nowhere to be found.

You went back to Tony to ask for another card and he looked at you as if saying 'why do you need so many cards'.

"It got lost, I got kidnapped, remember? I didn't have a chance to use it." You defended yourself, you wanted to be the last person to be seen as a huge spender.

"Oh right!" Tony's eyes widened as he remembered the event. It's a surprising fact that he's a genius but completely unable to remember things that happened a few days before.

"Take this." He passed me another card from his wallet. Honestly, how many black cards does this guy have? "I will ask Pepper to cancel the previous one."

"Thanks."

Now with his card in hand, you needed to find someone to go along with you. Should you find Nat or Wanda? You kinda want to go alone but how would people look when a kid was buying adult stuff?

In the end, you decided to go alone after leaving a note for Nat and Wanda to find.

Shopping alone was never what you liked. You hated the way the salesperson would approach you as you were browsing the store. You understand it was part of their service but it just makes you feel uncomfortable and would much prefer if they were to stay away.

Having a rough idea of what you were going to get for them, you quickly entered a few stores that you think would sell them.

After coming back with bags of what you bought for the Avengers, you quickly went to your room and began tinkering with presents before wrapping the gifts. After making sure that no one was in the living room, you began transporting all the wrapped gifts and placed them under the tree.

Technically there wasn't any need to hide after wrapping them but you just felt that way.

Conan, Bill and the rest invited you out for a Christmas trip but you were staying with the Avengers. Knowing Conan, another murder case is likely to happpen. Wherever he goes, there would be a murder case he has to solve.

Tony was hosting the party for the Avengers, and only those they were close with in SHIELD, such as Maria, Culson and Fury. Invitations were given but attendance was not compulsory so no one knew if they were going to come.

The party started earlier than usual at 4pm thinking they should include dinner in the party as well.

It was all smiles and laughter when everyone was sitting at the table. Not wanting to make the effort and mess to cook, Tony ordered catering who came to set up the buffet and there was a wide selection to choose from. Everyone went to put food on their plate before taking their seat at the table. You sat next to Nat and opposite Wanda.

The food was good but nothing could be compared to Wanda's cooking. Perhaps it would have been better if Wanda was the one in charge of dinner even if it was a simple one but I guess Tony wanted everyone to relax.

After dinner, Maria came saying that Fury rejected the invitation and therefore Culson was forced to stay behind. Initially she was also asked to stay back to work but Maria threatened that she would quit if she wasn't allowed to leave. In the end Fury complied with her, knowing it wasn't good to lose the second in command.

She was also making fun of Culson, knowing how much he wanted to participate in this event and how much he was missing out.

"Aright! Time for presents!" Tony clapped his hands and announced. Everyone automatically took their presents that had their name on it under the tree and formed a circle.
(Is this how it works?)

(You gave everyone one a present but let's just focus on Nat and Wanda.)
You looked at Nat as she began unwrapping your gift that you got for her. It was a small box that contained her initials to put together with the necklace you gave her previously. So now if she were to put it together, it would be her initials and the previous shape you gave her.

"I'm assuming it is you, Allie?"

"Yup." You gave her a wide smile and she thanked you for her present.

Wanda's present was a similar size box and it was a necklace with her initials. You gave both of them similar items because it was more than that. You needed to give them something that they would wear all the time if they chose to wear it. Their presents contain a tracking device that you would be able to track from your glasses if they were within a 20km radius.

Initially it was Bill's idea to give it to the kids because they have been getting into more trouble, getting themselves wrapped in a lot of dangerous cases. Their tracking device was in a badge that said 'Detective Boys Group' which you didn't like because there were three girls so why a boys group?

But the badge was able to do more than tracking, it allowed them to communicate between each other when they were backed into a corner with their phone taken away from them. It gave you the idea to include them in Nat's and Wanda's presents so you could always use your glasses to find where they were if they went missing. The guys weren't the sort to wear any accessories so it was hard to find something that works.

"Thank you Allie!" She gave me a hug and changed seats to sit next to me.

After everyone received their presents, it was time for fireworks. Everyone was gathered at the huge backyard where Tony had everything set up. With a press of a button, fireworks shot up showcasing colourful flowers and lights. At the end of the show, it shows 'Merry Christmas' to end on a nice note.

All their glasses were raised to a toast with whatever beverage it contained. Everyone was happy that day, everything was going well.

Posted on 29 May 2022