17 | Awakening

Following Nat, you skated around the rink, holding her hand. She professionally gilded backwards without looking behind but somehow managed to not knock anybody over.

"You're doing great." Nat reassured you.

You had done a few rounds until you were back at the entrance where most people gathered. Wanda came from wherever she was and stopped next to you with a hockey stop skillfully. "Do you need a rest or any drink?" She asked as you took a respite.

"Nope. I'm okay." You gave her a kind smile which she reciprocated and left to find her own still in her skates. 

"Let's give it another go." This time, you went around the rink without Nat's help but she was behind you, arms out ready to catch you if you fell. You still had your hand hovering at the edge of the wall, ready to hold onto it the moment you felt yourself falling.

Halfway round the rink, you looked to the left to see the crowd of people at the exit. It's the toughest place as all the beginners hog the railing and there's limited space for people to move around. You see Wanda coming back from wherever she went. She probably went to grab a snack or a drink.

Just as you were turning back to focus in front, you saw from the corner of your eyes someone placing their hands around her mouth and knocking her out.

"WANDA!" You shouted and started skating across the rink quickly, hoping to get to her before they kidnap her elsewhere. If only you were wearing the power enhanced shoes right now. Nat saw you dashed across the rink with ease in shock before gaining back her sense and followed you.

With no time to take off the skates, you carried on running trying to catch up with them. "Stop! What are you doing! Let her go!" You tried to gain their attention and hoped that they would stop when others are looking at them as well.

"You little piece of shit." Another guy came out of nowhere and grabbed you towards the van as you were making too much noise attracting attention. You squirmed and tried to fight his hold on you but he held your arms and legs tightly and you were unable to do anything.

"NAT!!!" You screamed. Nat's head turned in the direction of your voice but she was not fast enough. There was nothing she could do other than see the van you're in driven away. She immediately pulled out her phone and called Tony to track you and Wanda.

You and Wanda were bound by the wrist and ankles with black bag over your head, preventing you from seeing anything outside. You tried keeping track of how many corners the van turned but after a couple of memorisation, you recognised that they were trying to throw you or Wanda off the scent so you gave up.

"Wanda?" You said, not sure if she was awake or with you.

"Y/N, it's going to be okay." She replied. Okay, so at least she's still with you. There's a high chance that these guys are from Hydra, otherwise they wouldn't have chosen Wanda amongst the others. Unless, we are just this unlucky.

"Hey! Shut your mouth!" He started punching you and you curled and grunt in pain. Fuck, it hurts a lot more when you just a child.

"Hey! Don't hit her."

It was a long and silent ride to wherever they were taking us. Even when we reached, they refused to take the black bag away from us. I'm not sure what they did with Wanda but they carried me over their shoulder before slamming me onto a chair. When they finally took off the bag over your head, you're hit with the blinding light causing you to look away and squint your eyes until they get used to the lighting.

Wanda was also in a chair in front of you and she's trying to mouth to you to stay calm. I noticed Wanda has something extra on her neck, probably to restrict her powers. You nodded back but you were unsure of what's to come. Suddenly a group of people entered and you assumed the one in the middle was in charge.

He was wearing a long dark trench coat and a double breasted suit underneath as if he was going to a formal party later. He flung his coat dramatically as he sat on the chair that his worker brought for him. Even the chair he was sitting on was luxurious.

"Nice to meet you ladies, my name is Stanley Myers. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The feeling is not mutual. I would prefer to leave now." You said.

He just sighed and you see one of the guys walking over to Wanda punch her. "I'll say this once. I don't like people who disagree with me and I hate people who interrupt me. One wrong move and I will hurt the other party. Do I make myself clear?" He seethes.

This made you gulp and remain quiet as he continued speaking. You really wanted to stand up and punch his face off but for Wanda, you had to endure it. His voice was so irritating, you'd rather listen to Nat ramble.

He said something about finding me, the real me. It seemed like they had also caught wind of my sudden disappearance since there wasn't any news about me.

"If you're not going to tell me where she is, I'm going to hurt her." He pointed towards you. You let out an airy laugh and shook my head at Wanda, hinting her not to say anything.

"I'm telling you, I don't know anything! We are also trying to find her!"

"Bullshit! You're hiding her somewhere. Tell me!"

Things started and they pulled me further away from Wanda. Stanley started questioning her and as long as she didn't answer, the rest wouldn't stop hitting you. You could see in Wanda's eyes that she wanted this to stop and she was about to break any second. 'It's okay." You mouth as you grunt with every hit.

"Come on... say it before the kid breaks." Stanley circled around her. All Wanda could do was to glare at him.

"Anyway, I'm late for my party so I should get going. Brad over here will take over." Stepping forward was a buff guy holding a metal pipe. Half of the gang left with him leaving the rest to continue to torture you until they get an answer from Wanda.

---

Back with Natasha, after rushing into the compound, she immediately looked for Tony to track you down. Everyone went into a frenzy and changed into their suits to get ready as Tony did his work. Everyone wanted to be able to leave the moment Tony found where you were.

With the information provided by Natasha, Tony was able to find you rather quickly. It seemed like they were a bunch of amateurs just starting out and didn't bother to change their car plate number.

It wasn't that far away but to be safe, they took the quinjet.

---

Your bruising started becoming a lot more significant and you can barely open your eyes as they were so swollen. They have given up putting your chair upright as you keep falling to the floor from the blow of their punch.

"Stop! She's just a kid. Stop hitting her!" Wanda tried getting them to stop, but they are Hydra. They could care less if you're just a kid. In fact, they would be more happy if a kid was to be their victim.

All of a sudden, they noticed that you had no motion and they thought they had finally broken you. "Is she dead?" He asked his friend as he got closer to you. "Y/N!" Wanda shouted hoping that was not the case. Suddenly you shot opened your eyes and the water pipe burst, blasting jets of water at him knocking him out from the impact.

Everyone was surprised that the pipe burst since it wasn't in use and it managed to blast through the brick wall and aimed it directly at the guy who was going to punch you. The water started dancing and everyone was drenched by the end of it. They didn't get hit as heavily as the first guy did but they were on the floor trying to recover from the surprise attack.

Posted on 15 May 2022