40 | Underwater

Natasha POV
Once the quinjet landed at the supposed location, we looked around for her. If not for our suits, people around would have been thinking we were here for a nice day out as we were by the shore wandering around.

"She hasn't moved since just now." Tony said after FRIDAY told him.

"Split up and find her." Steve immediately said. Tony tried using the heat scan but there were too many people around that it was rendered useless.

There was no way they wouldn't have left any traces behind. No matter how small it is, it has to be somewhere and I just have to be able to find it. No matter what kind of thug they were, they have had to drive on the road at some point so I tried to figure out the tire tracks around to see if there were any that were out of place and sure enough, one set swerved into the sand and it was a lot easier to follow.

I followed it to the sea but there was no way they drove right into the sea. I looked further and analysed the footsteps on the sand. It was a lot harder as there had been a lot of people who have threaded this path.

"I need help searching this area, preferably someone who can float." And unfortunately, only Wanda, Tony and Sam were able to help. As much as I was still angry at Wanda and Tony, I needed all hands on deck.

"There's a foreign object around 10 steps away to your west, Romanoff." I immediately turned to my left and scanned everything quickly. I finally found what I was looking for and slammed on the button not caring about the consequences.

The rest of the team landed around me and we waited for the door to open in front of our eyes. It was a long tunnel that led deeper into the sea. "We are heading in." I said with conviction even if I'm going to do this alone.

This is a one way tunnel, they were going to know we were coming. So, with no time to waste, we dashed across the long tunnel until we were met with a split road.

Clint, Tony and I went to the left while Steve, Wanda, Pietro and Sam went to the right.

All the way through, all we could hear were the echoes of our footsteps indicating how long and deep the tunnel could be. Once we reached the end of the tunnel, Y/N was alone lying on the ground with her hands tied behind her back.

"Y/N!" I rushed next to her and made sure she was alive. Her clothes were sticking to her body as she had been drenched from head to toe. Once I located her pulse and breathing, Clint told the other team that we managed to find her.

"Y/N, open your eyes." I urged once again as I untied her wrist. She doesn't seem to be bleeding but there were obvious new bruises that I can see when her shirt lifts up slightly.

Her eyes opened. "Natty?" She still looked pretty out of it.

"Yeah yeah it's me." Now that she has regained consciousness, I lifted her up and placed her arm over my shoulders to guide her out.

"No no, we can't leave. We have to find him. He has the nuclear codes." She pushed away and stood by herself trying to walk in another direction.

"The other team members are here. They can help." Clint said.

"I think they passed by the control room." Tony added. I'm not too sure if Y/N was in the right condition to continue fighting but I know I wouldn't be able to stop her.

"Steve, check the control room for anything sighting for Hydra." I relayed the information to him as I ran after Y/N. The rest of us followed this base and it was a lot bigger than expected. Because it was underwater, there was a lot of space for them to build and expand.

"Do you know where you're going?" I shouted at her. This seems to be a maze and I'm only afraid that we wouldn't be able to head out after.

"Tell them to stay in the control room! They can't use the codes!"