XL

My father was sitting next to an unknown two men, the one that glared at me looked older than papa, and the other man

The other seemed like he didn't even see me.

Why would he notice you?

Who even am I?

Yes true!

I wanna hug papa!

Jayden picked me up again and started introducing us.

"So Emme this is Nanno and Zio Tommaso"

"Nonni is our grandpa and Zio is our uncle" explained Jordan.

Didn't they that we only have one uncle?

I looked at them and waves at them with a soft smile But both of them looked at me coldly.

Isn't a grandpa supposed to be nice and loving toward his grandchildren?

That is what I heard kids in my old school always saying.

Maybe I did something wrong.

"Emmeline come here!" said papa giving me a soft smile.

I smiled back and immediately went to hug him.

Papa hugged me and picked me up placing me on his lap, so now I'm facing my grandpa who by the way is glaring at me.

"Emme baby how are you?" asked Papa looking at me lovingly.

I gave him a big smile and told him that I was good and that I'm so happy that he is back.

"Papa why is grandpa glaring at me?" I whispered to papa making sure that nobody hears me.

Papa looked at me amused than at grandpa and said "padre why are you glaring at her like that?"

Grandpa just glared at him then at me and ignored his question, then he looked at me.

"Bambina come here!" He said coldly.

I looked at papa hesitating but he just nodded with a soft smile, so I did like I was told and went to him.

I stood next to him and he turned the chair in a way that he could look at me directly.

"quanti anni hai di nuovo?" he asked and for the first time, I was grateful for my Italian lessons in school.

(how old are you again?)

"Fifteen, sir," I said nervously.

He looked at me weirdly then at papa.

"prima, don't call me that I'm your grandfather, not some random man, seconda you act like four years old," he said harshly and turned to papa.

(first) (second)