Pippin of the Citadel, Betrayed and Faramir's Sacrifice

After Faramir told Gandalf, Weiss, Reaper and Pippin everything from when he met Frodo, Sam and Ruby up to where he let them go now Faramir is in the hall of kings standing in front of Denethor who is angry he asks, "This is how you would serve your city" He glares "You would risk its utter ruin" Faramir stands there he said, "I did what I judged to be right".

Denethor even more angry he said, "What you judged to be right" He stares at Faramir "You sent the Ring of Power into Mordor in the hands of a witless Halfling" Faramir stands strong as Denethor breaths "It should have been brought back to the Citadel to be kept safe" He was lowering his gaze "Hidden" He move his gaze "Dark and Deep in the vaults..."

Denethor raise his brows "...not to be used" He looks back to Faramir "Unless at the uttermost end of need" But Faramir shake his head he said, "I would not use the Ring" He stares "Not if Minas Tirith were falling in ruin and I alone could save her" Denethor smirks said, "Ever you desire to appear lordly and gracious as a king of old".

He frowns "Boromir would have remembered his father's need" He twitch a bit "He would have brought me a kingly gift" But Faramir said "Boromir would not have brought the Ring" He takes a breath "He would have stretched out his hand to this thing and taken it" He kept his gaze "He would've fallen".

Denethor leans forward said "You know nothing of this matter" But Faramir said "He would have kept it for his own" Denethor stare at him "And when he returned..." Faramir shake his head "...you would not have known your son" Suddenly Denethor stands up yell "Boromir was loyal to me" He walks forward making Faramir move back a bit.

Denethor starts to move back "Not some wizard's pupil" Not watching his steps Denethor slips and fell to the ground Faramir walk forward ask "Father" Suddenly Denethor starts to smile Faramir notice Denethor slowly gets up he said "My son".

In his view behind Faramir is Boromir turning around he walks over smiling but slowly Boromir disappears making Denethor frown Faramir stands there as Denethor looks to Faramir then glares "Leave me" With that Faramir turns and leave Denethor alone in the hall.

Meanwhile back on the stairs Gollum, Frodo, Sam and Ruby continue to climb up the stairs to Mordor while down below the army of Orcs continue to march Frodo grabs a piece of the wall, he puts his foot on a step but slips he grunts Gollum notice said "Careful, master" Frodo looks down "Careful".

Frodo looks back up and climbs "Very far to fall" Sam watching Gollum as Ruby looks down, she said "He's not wrong" Gollum keeps climbing until he reaches a ledge he looks down "Very dangerous are the stairs" Frodo reach the ledge and start to pull up "Come, master" Frodo reach forward, and the Ring came into view.

Gollum, notice he move back a bit staring at it "Come to Sméagol" He reach out for it as Sam notice stops said "Mr. Frodo" He stops pulling his sword out making Gollum glare at him Ruby noticing the stop ask "What is going on" Sam glares said "Get back, you" Gollum reach down "Don't touch him" Gollum reach down and grab Frodo's wrist.

Sméagol helps Frodo up on the ledge "Why does he hates poor Sméagol" Sam sighs and sheath his sword and start to climb with Ruby behind him "What has Sméagol ever done to him" Frodo lies down breathing "Master" Sméagol puts a hand on Frodo's back "Master carries heavy burden" Smeagol strokes "Sméagol knows".

Frodo move his arms "Heavy, heavy burden" Sam reach the ledge to climb up Ruby under him said "I'm going to push you up Sam" Sam said "Okay" Ruby push Sam who makes it on the ledge as Sméagol said, "Fat one and red girl cannot know", Frodo push up to his elbows looking to Sméagol "Sméagol looks after master".

Sméagol looks to Sam who turns to help Ruby up Sméagol turn to Frodo he said "He wants it, he needs it" Frodo breaths listening "Sméagol sees it in his eye" Frodo stops to listen "Very soon he will ask for it" Frodo looks at Smeagol "You will see" Sméagol leans down said "The fat one will take it from you and the girl will take it next when the fat one sleeps" Frodo looks to Sam who help Ruby onto the ledge they look over to Frodo who covers the Ring staring at them.