Twelve.

I tried talking with Julie, but she wouldn't listen to me and continued to be mad at the boys. I eventually just gave up and sat with her in the living room, going over homework that I said I would help her with.

We both looked at each other quickly when we heard a poofing sound, signalling that some, or all of the boys had just poofed in. I looked up and saw that it was Alex and Reggie, making me smile slightly at them. Julie just ignored them and continued looking down and the work sheet.

"Hey, you uh... you got a second?" Alex said to the both of us. I nodded my head and sat back on the sofa, Julie not moving from her position.

"Oh my gosh, she can't see us anymore!" Reggie exclaimed, looking over at Alex with wide eyes. We both looked at him blankly until he realised that Julie was ignoring him. "Oh. Right. Yep."

Alex moved to sit on the arm of the chair next to Julie, Reggie doing the same next to me. He moved a piece of hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear, making me blush slightly as I looked up at him. He smiled at me and started to play with the ends of my hair as I turned to listen to Alex.

"Julie. Please." Alex pleaded as he looked at Julie. She looked up at him and sighed.

"I already told you that I'm done with the band." She said before looking over at me. "I thought Bel was too but apparently not." I smiled innocently over at her in response.

"Yeah we know, alright? But before you decide that forever, we just... we wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think he is." Alex said before Reggie cut into the conversation.

"Yeah. You've got him all wrong."

Julie just scoffed and looked back down at her worksheet, making me nudge her slightly.

"You remember that song 'Emily'?" Alex said, grabbing Julie's attention. "Can we at least show you who that's actually about?"

——————————————————————————

After a very long walk, we arrived at this cute little house by the road. Alex and Reggie lead us over to the patio and hid behind some tall bushes as we looked through the glass doors.

"So, Emily's his mom?" Julie questioned as we saw Luke sitting on a counter, watching his parents with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Yeah. Yeah, Luke comes here a lot." Alex said as Reggie just nodded his head from where he was crouched down next to me.

"He thinks we don't know but, we've been following him." Reggie said, making me glance over at him before I trail my eyes back over to Luke. "All he does is just hang out like this and watch them. They never really do anything though."

"They're having cake. That's something." Julie said softly. My eyes left Luke's figure and I looked over at his parents, seeing them place a chocolate cake on the table in between them.

"It's a birthday cake. For Luke." Reggie said sadly, making a tear slide down my cheek.

"I never knew Luke was hurting this much." Julie said as a tear also slid down her cheek.

"Yeah. It's even worse because when he died, he left on bad terms. You know, his parent didn't want their seventeen year old in a rock band, so... he just left." Alex said, making my heart break even more for Luke. "He never got the chance to make up with them."

We all watched as Luke's Dad lit the candle on the cake, only for the boy to blow it out. His parents looked around before re lighting the candle.

"That's why Luke was so angry." Reggie said as more tears slid down my face at the sight of Luke crying. "If Trevor had given Luke credit for writing all of the songs, then his parents would have know that his dream was worth chasing."

"They would have been so proud." Julie said sadly, not taking her eyes off Luke.

"We know how bad it hurts whenever someone who should've had your back completely let's you down." Alex said as he stood up. "We never meant to make you guys feel that way."

"Julie, Bel, we love our band. Luke does too. Please give us another chance." Reggie sighed as he looked over at us both. I nodded my head and smiled at Alex before I turned towards Reggie and smiled at him too. He looked at me sadly before reaching his hand up to wipe away some tears off my face. I nuzzled my face into his hand slightly before looking over at Julie, seeing her nod her head at Reggie's question, still with her eyes on Luke.

———————————————————————————

Back in the studio, Julie, Reggie, Alex and I were rehearsing the song we were going to perform when Luke poofed in.

"Woah, Julie, May." He said as he stood up from the chair he poofed into.

"Grab your guitar. We've got work to do." Julie said as she smiled over at Luke. He just smiled and laughed slightly as he picked up his guitar before walking back over to us.

"What made you guys come back?" He asked us both.

"We realised how important music is to all of us. And we've lost so much already, We can't lose this too." I said while smiling over at the boy. He smiled back.

"Thanks." He said with a little head nod, before looking over at both of us with a smile. "Alright bosses, where we at?"

Julie chuckled as she sat down at her keyboard, before looking up at Luke. "Oh and by the way, happy birthday."

Luke looked over at her, surprised, before looking over at me and the rest of the boys. We all just shrugged our shoulders and continued practicing for later. 

After practicing for a while, I checked the time and realised that I had to get home and get ready for Dirty Candy's performance tonight, on top of ours. Luckily, the makeup Carrie wants us all to wear is simple, so I won't have to change that. I'll just wipe of the lipstick if I need too.

"Alright, I gotta get home and get ready, but I'll see you all tonight." I said as I put my guitar down and grabbed my stuff from the chair in the studio.

"Wait, why are you leaving now? We're not on for a couple hours yet?" Julie questioned me, making me realise that I'm gonna have to tell her about tonight.

"Right. I didn't tell you did I. Please don't get mad." I said to her as I grabbed her hand and dragged her onto the sofa in the studio. The boys all shared curious glances and came and sat next to us. "Remember when Carrie came over and talked to me at lunch today?"

"Yeah, Flynn wasn't too happy about that. You said that she just wanted to know if you had seen nick, why?" Julie asked me.

"I lied. She actually asked me if I could fill in for Ellie in Dirty Candy as she's sick and they're performing at Eats and Beats tonight. I said I would because she said lots of managers would be there and it could be a huge opportunity for them. I didn't know at the time that someone had booked us a gig at the same place for tonight." I looked over at Luke at the end of my sentence, making him smile innocently over at me. "Sorry I didn't tell you, I figured I would tell you and Flynn at school tomorrow." I said while looking over at her.

"It's alright. I know you miss dancing with them. Aren't you going to be tired though? Doing two performances?" She questioned me. I smiled at her in relief and shrugged my shoulders.

"Eh, it's alright. I'll manage somehow. I just hope there's a big enough break in between so that I don't have to rush to get changed." I joked, making Julie laugh slightly. "I gotta go, but I'll see you all tonight." I said as I got up and grabbed my things, waving at everyone as I left the studio.

It's gonna be a long, but hopefully, successful night.