Eighteen.

"I can't say this enough." Flynn said as she, Julie, Ray, Carlos and I were all sat around Julie's table eating pizza. "You guys were incredible."

She leaned in closer to the both of us so that she could whisper "but epic fail on that eye contact thing." Me and Julie just laughed.

"So how do you do those holograms?" Carlos questioned us, making us stop laughing. Before we could try and come up with an excuse, Ray spoke up.

"Oh, don't try to understand it Carlos, I don't."

"That's because you're old." Carlos sassed his dad, making him fake a laugh.

"Funny guy." Ray responded jokingly, making all of us laugh. "I'd send you to your room, but who'd clean all this mess up?"

"Don't poke the bear." Julie said to her brother while me and Flynn just tutted jokingly and shook our heads.

Carlos laughed as he left the room, making me poke his side. He just stared up at me before poking my cheek and running away, making me laugh at him.

"So, what are the boys doing right now?" Ray questioned me and Julie, making us look at each other before I motioned for her to answer her dad.

"Hanging out, I guess? Or you know, whatever you do when you're from where they're from." She said awkwardly, me and Flynn just nodded our heads in agreement.

"Hey Ray, what cameras did you use out there?" I quickly changed the subject before he could question Julie's acting skills.

"You're interested in my work?" He asked me, making me nod my head yes, as Julie, Flynn and I all secretly fist bumped each other as he started talking about his cameras.

"Well, uh, I shot with an XF105. That's what I used, the latest model. It's very good. But the other guys had the wide..."

——————————————————————————-

After we finished the pizza, Flynn's parents came to pick her up and I decided to go home too.

"I'm off home, J. Tell the boys I said night. Love you." I said as i gave her a kiss on the cheek, before grabbing my bag and leaving the house. I decided to take the longer way home tonight as I was in the mood for a long walk.

I'm not one for exercise, but sometimes, the night sky is just so pretty and I can't help myself. I put in my head phones and put my playlist on shuffle as I started walking along the main road.

I was in my own world, listening to Starman by David Bowie, when I felt someone bump into me. I looked up and saw a guy with a top hat and a purple jacket.
He apologised for bumping into me, before walking away. I went to continue walking when I saw he had dropped his hat.

"Excuse me, sir." I said as I ran up to him, making him turn around. "You dropped your hat." He took the hat from me and when his hand touched mine, I got a small shock. Looking down at my wrist, I could have sworn there was something purple there, but it disappeared before I could question it.

"Ah, Thankyou miss. Have a good night." He said as he put his hat on and nodded his head at me.

"You too." I said as I put my earphones back in and continued walking home.

When I got home, I immediately had a shower and took all my makeup off, before getting ready for bed, making sure everything was ready for school tomorrow.

——————————————————————————-