Seventeen.

Just as I was leaving my art class, I was headed to the bathroom to get all the paint off my hands before I bumped into Flynn. Well, Flynn ran into me as I tried not to fall over.

"Woah Flynn, babe. Slow down. Where are you going in such a rush?"

"You weren't who I was looking for, but I'm glad I found you anyway. We need to look for Julie, come on." She said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her.

As we were looking for Julie, she told me what happened in her dance class between Julie and Nick. Just as we entered the music classroom, we saw Julie sitting at the piano, playing a tune softly.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you. I even picked up a stray along the way." Flynn said as we made our way over to Julie pointed over at me.

I just chuckled at Flynn and shook my head before I sat on top of the piano.

"Sorry, I just needed some air. It was a little intense in there." Julie said to us.

"Oh, I noticed." Flynn said with a huge smile on her face.

"Dancing with a guy you've had a crush on for forever will do that to a girl." I said to Julie, matching Flynn's smile. Julie looked over at me confusingly, making me laugh. "Flynn filled me in on what happened while we were looking for you."

Julie just nodded at me before speaking again. "Yeah. But the whole time we were dancing, I was thinking about Luke."

Me and Flynn looked at eachother before looking back at Julie.

"Seriously?" Flynn said as Julie nodded. "First off, called it. Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next level."

"I know. And now I think Nick likes me. Nick!"

"He totally does." Flynn said.

"Why are you saying that like it's a bad thing? You've had a crush on Nick for forever. Shouldn't that be a good thing?" I asked Julie. She nodded her head before speaking again.

"But me and Luke just clicked. And he's so-"

"Not real." Flynn cut Julie off. "You can make all the music you want with Luke, but he'll always be a phantom. You need to listen too, Bel. Don't think I didn't notice the flannel you're wearing today."

I just shrugged my shoulders as I pulled Reggie's flannel closer around me.

"So. Here's what we're gonna do." Flynn said as she grabbed Julie's phone off the piano by where I was sitting. "Send Nick a nice little friendly text asking him to come to your party tonight."

"Urm. I don't usually use that many smiley faces." Julie said as Flynn showed us the text she sent to Nick from Julie's phone.

"You do now. I'm not gonna let you get your heart broken. Either of you." Flynn said seriously to both of us as she grabbed one of our hands each. "And trust me. Tonight, you're performing with Luke, so the key is to ignore those big, beautiful, dead eyes. And Bel, you're going to ignore Reggie too. It's only fair."

Me and Julie both pouted over at Flynn.

"You're very pushy today." Julie said, me agreeing with her.

"You're welcome."

———————————————————————————

After a couple more classes, it was finally time to go home. I went to my house today so that I could get ready, Julie texted me saying to come straight over when I was done. She also said that she went through her Mum's things and saw some boots with butterflies on them, and some butterfly clips that she wanted to wear and asked if I could find anything with butterflies on so we could match.