Attractive

I walk into work on Friday around five. It's normally not this crowded.

My old instructor walks up to me, "We have been getting a lot more people since you showed up here. I think you are gonna get a raise."

I look around at the men. No sign of Ben which is good. He made me feel a little to uncomfortable the other day.

I go to the back and get ready. I put on a new outfit that Jerry gave me. It's black and lace. It covers very little. I don't really like it but I wear it anyway.

One of the other girls walks in.

"You're up. The men only want to see you. They practically booed me off stage," she tells me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I feel bad.

She smiles and laughs a little, "You can't help that you look like a goddess."

I blush before walking out. I scan the crowd to find Ben sitting next to a very attractive man. He has dark curly hair and a sharp jaw line. I can't make out very many details from the stage but I can see enough to tell that he is very attractive. My stomach fills with butterflies.

The music begins and I do the 'sexy' dance. That's what my old instructor calls it. I am still not sure why though. I'll have to look up what sexy means.

I watch as men throw money at me from the start all the way to the finish. I make eye contact with the man next to Ben. He looks younger. Older than me. Younger than Ben. I watch as his eyes trail my body before looking into my eyes.

Something about him makes me feel...different. I don't know why.

I collect my money and put it in my safe in the back. When I walk out Ben immediately walks over to me.

"Baylor, this is my business partner-"

"I can introduce myself," he cuts off Ben. His deep, rough voice makes my stomach all twisty. "My name is Sage. Ben is trying to get a business deal with me."

He emphasizes the trying. He then reaches out his hand to shake mine. My hand is shaky as I grab his.

"N-nice to meet you, sir. My name is Baylor," I smile politely.

From this distance I can see his deep blue eyes and freckles. He is the prettiest man I have ever seen.

"Baylor your performance was incredible," Ben begins to speak again. He puts his hand on my waist like time. I squirm and move away from him a little.

"Thank you! I am getting a raise soon! Apparently more men have been coming in because of me," I smile brightly as I explain to them. I don't know why it's only men that come. Maybe it's a mens club. I should really start asking these questions about the place I work at.

"Why did you decide to take up this job, Baylor?" Sage asks me.

The way he says my name makes my heart skip a beat. Don't you dare stutter Baylor.

"Well, I was bored and wanted to dance so my mom signed me up for some pole dancing classes when I was younger. When I turned eighteen my instructor said I should come work here with her," I explain while staring at the ground.

Ben talks before Sage can respond, "Well, think about my offer dear." Ben winks at me again.

I smile politely but quickly walk away.

Sage makes me feel so...confused. I don't know why but I feel like we have some sort of connection. I never felt like this with Jack.