Emerson

Baylor

***before Sage woke up***

Sage is in our bed after getting all bandaged up. I take the little boy upstairs to the guest bedroom.

"What's your name?" I ask him as I turn on the bath.

He says nothing and just stares at me.

He must me scared and maybe even in shock. I sit down and lean my back against the tub. I left the door open so he feels more safe.

"My name is Baylor. I am Sage Lorenzo's girlfriend. He is King Mafia. I don't know if you know what any of this is, or if you even speak english but just know you are safe here. I want to help you find your parents," I get no response.

After a moment he holds up his wrist and shows me a tattoo.

"Can I get Beck and ask him what that means?"

A tattoo on a four year old. I take deep breaths to keep myself calm. Whoever did that is a fucking lunatic.

He nods his head yes. At least I know he speaks english.

***

"That's the fake Italian symbol. They were a minor mafia that was destroyed because they tried to take over the real Italian mafia, which is us," Beck explains.

"Thank you."

I look at the boy.

"I am going to leave you with a towel and washcloth. There is soap and shampoo in the shower. Let me know if you need anything," I start to close the door.

"Emerson," he whispers.

"What?" I open the door back up surprised he spoke.

"My names Emerson," he talks slow and has a thick Italian accent but I understand him clearly.

"Nice to meet you Emerson," I smile and close the door.

Once the door is closed I turn to go back to my room.

There is someone waiting outside my door when I get there.

"Ma'am," he says.

"Yes?" I walk into the room and be follows.

Sage lays there still not awake.

"Do you need anything?"

Odd question.

"Yes actually. Can you run to the store and get clothes for a four year old? Enough clothes for a long time. And asap," I tell him.

"That's not what I meant ma'am. I meant like an actual mafia job."

"What did I say?" I raise my voice at him. I'm stressed enough about Sage I don't need my men talking back to me.

"You said-"

*****

*back to present time*

"Yes, the four year old is named Emerson. He doesn't speak very much. He is in the bath right now. I have someone running to get him clothes," I tell Sage.

"And the old man?" he questions.

"He helped me find you and save the boy. I think he is resting in a guest room right now."

I yawn as I talk.

"You should sleep," Sage tells me.

"I can't. I have to make sure that guy got Emerson clothes. I had to yell at him to listen to me," I roll my eyes at the thought.

"I heard. That was hot," Sages hands crawl down my back and in between my thighs.

I squirm under his touch. It's been a while since we have had time for us.

I turn toward him and begin to kiss him. It's starts off soft but quickly becomes a deeper kiss. His hand trails the waist of my pants. Right as his hand gets inside my pants there's a soft knock at the door.

I groan as I get up and open the door. I look down and see Emerson standing there in a towel and a man standing next to him.

"He said your name so I assumed he wanted to see you. I didn't know what to do other than to bring him here," the man explains to me feverishly.

"Thank you. Can you please make sure the man I sent to get clothes for him hurries? Also you can discard of his old dirty clothes," the man nods, "Thank you."

Emerson was in wrapped in nothing but a towel. I close the door and watch as he hides behind me when he sees Sage.

"I don't have any clothes for you so for now," I quickly grab one of Sages shirts, "You can wear this." I point to the bathroom, "The bathroom is right through that door."

He waddles to the bathroom without saying anything. Without any of the dirt on him I can tell that he has blonde hair and freckles. His blue eyes shine brightly. He is very skinny but that is probably because he was starved.

"He is adorable," Sage says.

"That's Emerson. The boy I saved," I smile at Sage.

"I love you, Baylor Lorenzo," Sage stares at me in awe. His eyes saying a thousand words.

"I love you too, Sage."

I walk back over to him and kiss him.

When Emerson walks out the shirt drags on the floor and he trips.

I rush over to him, "Are you okay?"

I pick him and and set him on his feet.

He nods his head yes and moves so I am in between him and Sage.

"Come here," I grab his hand, "I want you to meet someone."

He is hesitant but he listens. I walk him over to the bed.

"Emerson, this is Sage. Sage this is Emerson," I introduce the two of them.

"Nice to meet you Emerson," Sage smiles and reaches his hand out to shake Emerson's. Sage hisses as the stitches in his chest move.

"What happened?" Emerson whispers.

Sage tries to act like it doesn't hurt, "I was shot. By the Americans."

Emerson looks up at Sage for the first time with wide eyes, "Are you King Mafia?"

"Yes I am," Sage gives a small smile.

Emerson looks like he just met the King of the world.

Someone knocks at the door.

"Come in," I call out.

Emerson stands behind me and grabs my hand.

"I have the clothes," the man says in an annoyed tone.

"Put them in the boys room please," I give a curt smile.

He groans and walks towards Emersons room.

"Get back here. Right now," Sage yells.

The man in back in an instant with no complaint.

"You will show the same respect to Baylor as you will
to me. If I here you so much as hesitate to do as she says I will make sure you regret it. Got it?" Sage gives the man a look that even I am afraid of.

"Yes, sir," he scurries away with the bags of clothes in his hands.