Revenge

Sage

I get a notice from one of my men that the American mafia is coming to try and take Ben and Baylor.

"Baylor!" I call out from the kitchen.

I wait to hear a response but hear nothing.

"Baylor!" I yell again as I head to the pole dancing room.

When I open the door she isn't there.

"Fuck."

I run around the house opening every door and looking in every fucking closet.

"Baylor-" I suddenly realize I don't know her middle or last name.

I wanna marry this girl and I don't even know her last name? Dumbass.

"S-Sage," I hear a scared quiet whisper.

I slowly turn around with my gun in my hand. Instead of Ben standing there with Baylor it's someone so much worse.

"What the fuck do you want?" my blood boils at the sight in front of me.

"That's no way to welcome your brother," his cruel smile makes me want to punch his teeth out.

"Brother?" Baylor asks me.

I nod my head yes.

"Oh!" Baylor smiles and wiggles free of his arms, "There is no need for you to hold me like I am your enemy." She holds out her hand, "My name is Baylor."

"My name is Christian," my brother shakes her hand.

"Baylor," I motion for her to walk over to me.

"What?" she asks when she is next to me.

"He is the enemy. He has tried to kill me nine times," I explain to her.

"Quit being dramatic. It was only six times," Christian says.

She looks at me with eyes suddenly full of fear. My heart aches. I wrap my arm around her body, pulling her closer to me.

"Fuck off, Christian."

"I'll be fucking something," he says while eyeing Baylor.

"Yeah, fucking dead."

I shoot him in the chest. Baylor flinches and tucks in closer to me. I let Christian recover.

"Bu-" he starts.

"Bulletproof vest. I already knew that dumbass. I am not going to shoot you in front of my girl," I roll my eyes.

"Your girl?" Christian smirks. "We should strap her down and both fuck her."

"Whats your obsession with fucking me? I'm dating Sage and he doesn't even beg this much. Sage will be my first. He's hotter," Baylor speaks up for the first time.

I laugh a little and kiss her forehead. She is so fucking adorable.

"First? Well-"

"Stop doing that. You heard me right. You don't need to repeat it every time," Baylor rolls her eyes and then hides behind me when Christian raises his gun.

"She's got an attitude. I don't like it."

"Well, I think it's quite adorable," I smile.

"Ador-"

"able. There you go again repeating everything," Baylor peaks out from behind me.

It takes everything in me not to burst out laughing.

"You mother-" I shoot him before he can finish.

"Don't look, love. Just turn and run with me," I keep my hand on her lower back to keep her moving.

Baylor

I begin to rethink everything. Do I really want to be with Sage? Everywhere he goes problems follow. On a different note his brother looks IDENTICAL to him. I didn't get to see his face before he grabbed me.

I also don't like this whole killing thing. Is that apart of the mafia? I didn't like seeing Bens mangled body when I walked through the door. It made me want to throw up.

Sages hand is on my lower back. A loving touch. In a very scary moment.

On one note, I really really like Sage. On another note, he kills people. Oh my gosh. He kills people. I am living with a murder. Well, a murderer who is trying to save me.

I think I'm gonna...

***

I wake up in my bed with Sage pacing back and forth. I quickly shut my eyes.

"I know you're awake."

I still pretend to be asleep. Maybe he will think I passed out again.

He places his hand on my leg. I quickly clutch my knees to my chest.

He looks at me confused.

"I just- You- I-," I struggle for words.

Think about what the therapist said in the youtube video. Think about what the therapist said in the youtube video. Don't blame them. Never say you.

Okay. Okay.

"Words," Sage says pulling me out of my thoughts.

I can't breathe. Oh no. No. My head is spinning. I can't think.

Is he gonna kill me? No he already has the chance. I need space. I need space. I NEED SPACE.

"Okay, okay. I'll give you space. Just talk to me," Sage slowly backs away.

Did I say that out loud?

"I can't. You- You-," I begin to pant. Like a fricken dog. This is embarrassing.

"I, what?"

Oh. My. Gosh. WHAT IF I BREAK HIS HEART? WILL HE WILL MURDER ME? Oh no.

Sage makes a face of realization.

"I murder people. That's what you're trying to say isn't it?" I swear I see tears fill his eyes.

"I just need space," I whisper as Sage slowly backs out of the room.

His beautiful face was distorted with pain. I kind of pain that painkillers won't help.