Lonely

Natalia:

I rush to Sage after I dispose of the body and the food.

I burst into his room not caring that he hasn't let anyone in.

"I need an IV now."

He runs and gets a doctor.

When he gets back I start talking.

"I might die but I will definitely pass out. I need to tell you some things before I go. Baylor is going to be 'trained'. They are going to do things that your mind won't allow you to believe. But I know Baylors plan. It's a genius one."

"First of all poisoning the mafia boss if not going to work. Second of all what are they going to do to her?" Sage asks.

A doctor comes in and begins to set up my IV.

"The poison is not for Alec, Sage."

He stares at me a moment. Then ignores what I said, "So what are they going to do to her?"

Baylor:

The first night was fine. My room was set up next to Alecs. I fell asleep peacefully.

When I woke up however I was brought to a cemented room. No windows at all. Just a metal door.

I sit in a metal chair in front of a metal desk.

A man sits in front of me.

"So who's side are you on?" he asks me.

"Sages side," I answer with a little bit of attitude.

He slaps me across my cheek. Ouch.

"Who's side are you on?" he asks again with more force.

"The Russians," I answer blandly.

"Good."

This is easy.

"Did you know the Italians have five hundred bases that contain children? Girls more specifically. They sex traffic them. Half of the money they earn comes from it. They sell girls to men that just want to fuck them."

He starts feeding me lies.

"Sage used to buy them for himself as well. That's why he bought Natalia. He wanted to fuck her. Then he decided she was to old and started buying younger girls," the man stares at me.

"I am not stupid," I tell him. "I know these are lies."

"Are you sure?" he asks me. "There are girls here that will testify."

I roll my eyes.

"Bring her in," he calls out.

A girl walk in looking scared.

"Tell her about Sage," he says to her.

The girl flinches at the name.

"He bought me and he used me as a sex toy," she whispers. "I begged for him to stop but he wouldn't and-"

"How long is his penis?" I interrupt her.

She looks at the man, "Six inches."

I look at the man with a pointed look, "Sages dick is not that length."

He flexs his jaw muscled in anger. The girl leaves the room.

The man slaps me again. Twice.

"The Russians saved a total of five hundred thousand girls from sex trafficking. We give them happy, healthy homes to stay in."

He slaps me.

"We also want to take over the Italians. We need their power to save more."

For hours and hours the man tells me truths and lies. He slaps me after every single one. Eventually he brings in a shock collar. He puts it on me.

Every time he says something I have to say true or false. If I am right he doesn't shock me. If I am wrong he shocks me. He turns the shock up every wrong answer.

I don't know how long we do this for but eventually Alec walks in.

"You are on the Russians side. True or false?" Alec asks.

"True."

He shocks me.

"Don't lie."

"False."

He shocks me harder.

I see stars in my vision. I am so exhausted I start seeing hallucinations. I can't tell reality from dream.

"Who do you belong to?" Alec asks.

"You," I answer without thinking.

"Did you know that Sage is not coming to get you? He sent me a check today. Five grand. The note attached said a thank you for getting you off his hands. Look at it," he puts the paper in front of me.

It looks like Sages handwriting.

"He never loved you. He was just using you for sex."

I get shocked again.

"What did I say?"

"He's just using me for sex."

I can't think. I can't breath. I can't see.

"Who is?"

"Sage."

I get shocked.

"Correct."

Hours go by. Or maybe minutes. The process continues. Over and over. Until I genuinely don't even remember my name. The shock of the collar may be imaginary at this point.

I'm not sure where I am. Or how I got here.

I keep answering the questions I am being asked.

I think they injected me with a drug.

"A drug..." I distantly heard, "Help to remove...memories...replaced with...truths you...believe. Not that you can hear me."

I blink a couple times.

"Up the dosage."

My vision quickly goes black but I still consciously answer the questions. The answers engraved in my head. I can't think of anything other than them.

Russians are good. Italians are bad. Sage used me. Natalia is an enemy.

Who is Sage? I don't know a Sage. Or a Natalia for that matter. Do I?

Something in me screams yes but I just don't know why.

The next day, I think, I start physical training.

It's starts in the dark. I have to focus and listen to which direction the footsteps come from.

I stand in the center of a giant cement room. Probably fifty feet tall and a fifty by fifty square.

I close my eyes as if I can see anything anyway. The lights are off and I do my best to listen for steps.

"Which way?" someone asks through a speaker.

I point. I have no idea.

The lights turn on and I am not pointing in the right direction.

I close my eyes and await the whip. I hear the crack shortly before I feel the sting. I take a deep breath.

The lights turn back off. I hear the footsteps and point. Lights turn back on. I am correct.

Light. Footsteps. Point. Whip. Light. Footsteps. point. light. footsteps. point. light. footsteps. point. whip.

***

I wake up in my room.

Alec sits next to my bed.

"It's been exactly thirty one days since you joined us. It's time for you to run your first mission," he tells me.

Something in my mind tells me this is good.

"You have done lots of training. You will run an exchange with another under boss."

"Okay."

He nods and gives me the rest of the information.