Chapter 14 - Who Are You?

Nik POV

I was stood in the forum with Lucy, Dad and my other siblings,

"They won't let me lead them" I explained, "They won't forgive me for this so you're going to have to find someone else to lead your armies"

"Niklaus. Surely you can figure out a way to make them forgive you" Zeus countered,

But I shook my head, "They've just found out every dark deed I've ever done, from the death of Percy to me destroying the Klingon Empire. It'd take a true miracle for them to forgive me"

"Can't you just juju it and make them all forget?" Hades suggested,

However I again denied it, "Benjamin's a Nephilim. My mental abilities won't work on him"

"Damn" Poseidon cursed,

"Couldn't have put it better myself" I sighed, "They won't even want me here at this point. So I'm going to take a step back. Work from the shadows. Let me take Morgana, Jack and Marcel and we'll find the last impossible being. Lucy can lead the armies for now"

"He's right" Lucy agreed, "I've already lead the impossible beings before, they know me. Trust me. The only thing they don't want is our idiot brother"

"Then it's settled" Zeus decided, "Niklaus will take his team and find the last Impossible being, Lucy will retake her position as General. Now there's one last thing we need to take care of" he continued turning towards Dad, "Father"

Dad at this point nodded and stood up, "The Titan situation I am aware"

"They await you on Mt. Othyrs" Hera smiled softly, "Your throne awaits father"

He nodded and with a golden flash his casual clothes changed into a glowing golden armour covered in intricate designs. His scythe gripped in his hand, "It will be good to see my siblings again"

"You let them rebuild?" I asked in surprise,

My lightning brained brother nodded, "When it was announced Chaos orchestrated the whole thing we pardoned them all. Said they could return to Othyrs as long as they swore Allegiance"

"You made them swear allegiance to Olympus?" I scoffed,

But once more heads were shaken,

"To Father"

-- Line Break --

"I never thought I'd be back here" Dad admitted to me as we stood in his old bedroom on Mt. Othyrs, "After we lost the war I thought that was it. That you or your sister would take the throne"

He was still wearing his armour and was admiring the parade of ancient citizens of Othyrs who had returned to see their King return,

"You will always be their king Dad" I reassured him, "It could never be me"

He gave me a look that asked me what in Hades I was talking about, "I'm no King Dad, I may be able to lead armies but I can't lead a kingdom"

"I think you would be an incredible King Niklaus" He argued, "You're the son of Rebekah Mikaelson, the greatest woman to ever roam the planet. There's no way you would be anything but incredible"

"Do you miss her?" I asked him after a few moments of silence, contemplating his words,

He arched an eyebrow at my question, "Miss who?"

"Mom" I whispered, turning away and looking at a painting on the wall of his room. The room had dark wallpaper with gold hourglass designs and a dark blue carpet. His bed was also dark blue and he had a mirror on one side of the wall and a painting of the original generation of Titans,

I felt the disturbance in the air that indicated he had nodded, "I miss her so much Niklaus. She meant more to me than anything, and when we found out about the miracle that was you and your sister. My love somehow doubled"

"I missed her so much, then I go out into the multiverse and I find a new version of her. A version that can't have kids. She welcomed me into her home, into her family and it felt like a void had finally been filled in my heart" I chuckled slightly,

Turning away from the window he sat on the bed. Deciding I'd analysed the painting enough I sat next to him, "When I saw her with Marcellus. After you fought in world war 2 with him and I watched you teach him, guide him. Make him a better man. I realised that your mother, even in that universe, had someone who was worthy of her"

"You've never thought about vaporising Marcel and trying to get Mom back?" I suggested with a cheeky smirk,

"You know your mother. You know your family. Would that ever happen?" He countered,

Shrugging I let out a sigh, "Always and Forever"

"That blasted promise has got so many people killed" He spat,

"But it's also the one thing that has kept the Mikaelson family, my family bound together for an entire millennia" I countered, "It's a code. Family above all"

Our conversation was interrupted when Lucy walked into the room, "Hey losers" she smirked setting herself down on the bed next to us, "What you talking about"

"Mom" I answered, watching her expression turn serious,

"Oh" She whispered,

Dad placed an arm around both of our shoulders, "She'd be proud of the both of you. leading the charge against your enemies. Giving honour to the Mikaelson name"

"A name I don't even bear anymore" Lucy mumbled, picking at her nails,

Dad and I looked at each other, and with a quick nod I knew he wanted me to deal with it. After all, I'm the leading expert, "Lucy do you know why I reclaimed my name" I asked,

"Because you met a knock off version of Mom?" She scoffed as she pulled out a knife and started cleaning her finger nails with it,

"Because I realised that we made another promise. We swore always and forever. We said we would be Mikaelsons for eternity. True at the time we didn't realise how literal it was, but we are Mikaelsons. And when I stumbled into New Orleans. Dying, my body tearing itself apart, heart broken. I found my family. Maybe not the Original version, but our family nonetheless. The first thing they did? Mom took me back and gave me a lecture about how I was an Idiot and Hope showed me that I would always be me. Not Hansard Grey, not the Angel of Time, not the Heir of Othyrs, but Niklaus Sotiras Mikaelson. Son of Kronos and Rebekah Mikaelson. And as a Mikaelson we do not run from our enemies. We do not run from a fight. We stand strong and murder anybody who thinks they can challenge us" I spoke, feeling the passions and belief behind my words, "And prophecies may say this is a final war. That this brings about the end of the universe. If that's the case I don't want to go out pretending I'm somebody I'm not. Is that what you want to do?"

Lucy shook her head and I could see Dad wearing a proud smile as he watched us, "No" Lucy denied,

"Then let me ask you one last thing" I continued, "Who are you?"

"What?" She asked, clearly confused,

I wore an emotionless expression as I stared into her multicoloured eyes that used to match my own, "Who are you? Are you Lucy Grey? Daughter of Kronos and Impossible being? Or are you Hope Andrea Mikaelson, Daughter of the Original Hybrid and the Titan of Time, the most powerful supernatural being in existence who bows to no one but her family?"

She looked down and for a few minutes the room was plunged into a deep silence. Finally she looked up, her eyes glowing golden. But not the gold that would appear when we took control of time. No. Her eyes were the golden glow of a Crescent Werewolf. Of the Alpha.

"I'm Hope Andrea Mikaelson"

I let my emotionless expression fall and grinned like a madman,

"Fantastic. Now Hope Andrea Mikaelson, this universe has forgotten the Mikaelson name. They've let the reputation of our family fall to myth. But we need to show them that we're back, stronger than ever. We are Mikaelsons... " I began and she saw my expression and allowed a cocky smirk to appear on her face,

"Now let's show them what that Fucking means"