Chapter 52 - Revealed

"It's a bad idea" Percy warned me, 

"That's all I seem to be hearing these days" I chuckled, "Yet the ideas have always paid off" 

"If we're worrying about surviving how are mortals going to have any hope" Jack added on, 

That's right. I wanted to recruit mortals. My plan was to reveal everything to the people of New York so that we could either evacuate them, or they could help us defend their home. One way or another, they were going to find out about us. So why not do it on our terms. Percy and Jack were unsure, they thought it would bring panic and fear to the people. But sometimes fear keeps us alive. 

"We'll arm them properly. Between the three of us, we can create enough weaponry and armor to arm them tenfold" I said, "Have faith in humanity. Sometimes they can be amazing" 

I could see the cogs turning in their minds as they thought this over. Thinking of all the possibilities should we reveal ourselves. Granted there was risk. If panic settled in, then the city would descend into Chaos. Literally. But if it worked. If we could rally the people of New York to our cause and have them defend their home. Then it was yet another advantage we would hold against Chaos. Another edge. 

"Do it" Percy spoke, "We need every hand we can get in this fight" 

I grinned before wrapping the shadows around me and fading into nothingness. 

I reappeared in Times Square, in rush hour.  I stood in the middle of the bustling city watching New Yorkers run about there daily business. I sat there, thinking to myself. How could I make them believe that I was who I said I was and not just a pretender. 

I raised my hand to the sky. Summoning darkness in the forms of storm clouds in the sky. From these clouds, a golden bolt of lightning came down and struck my hand. Immediately frightened, the crowds scattered around me leaving a large circle where they all looked at me, most bringing out their phones to video it. 

"Do not film this" I spoke, and immediately all their phones died in their hands. All the cameras off. Before speaking I eyed the crowd, gauging people's reactions to me as I did. Some held fear. Others awe. most disbelief. I boosted my voice so everyone could hear me, 

"Hear me people of New York" I exclaimed, extending my arms outwards, "I bring grave tidings! A war is coming. One that holds the balance of everything in creation. I come to you today, pleading you lend me your arms" 

"Who the fuck are you?!" One man called out from the crowds, 

I turned to him, my eyes glowing gold and my wings unfurling. I figured showing the darkness off would be something that scared them off, "I am Niklaus Mikaelson, Son of Kronos and Ruler of the Darkness" Lightning flashed all around as I did this, shadows crawled towards me from all areas of Times Square. 

I drew my power back in, including my wings and smiled at the awe and fear on their faces. But there was still some disbelief, "Blasphemy!" the same man yelled, "There is only one god and it is not any of those Pagan stories!" 

I suddenly appeared right next to him as the crowd parted again to surround myself and the man who appeared to be a priest, "Those pagan stories, are my family. I am a part of those stories" I challenged, "But you won't believe" I chuckled, "You, John Royce. Son of Marcus and Elaine Royce, don't believe me" 

He stepped back slightly, "So you know me?" He chuckled warily, "But that doesn't prove anything"

"You hold many secrets" I continued, circling him as I did, "Some darker than others. Tell me preacher. All these words of god and blasphemy, does your god know what you did to that girl? The one who came to you for help?" I challenged using my knowledge I gained on Primus, 

This time he practically fell back, "Who are you?" he demanded once more. 

Instead of flaunting my power, I stepped away from him and looked to the rest of the people, "I am a father. A son. a brother. I am someone who has people he needs to protect. And the only way I can do that is by fighting this war I speak of. I am not asking all of you to fight. Just those who are capable and willing. The others we will evacuate to a safe location, far away from here. And when the fighting is done, then we will bring them home once more. Hear me. Whatever God you follow. Whatever religion you believe. They are all in danger from the Chaos that comes. All that wish to join, journey to the Empire state building for 19:00 tonight. All those who believe but wish to seek shelter and protection with my people, go to Delphi Strawberry Service. You will be welcomed and taken somewhere safe" 

"Who are you fighting?"  A woman asked, fear etched onto her face, 

"An enemy who seeks to end us all" I revealed, I know he just wanted to rule, but they didn't need to know that, "An enemy who I have been fighting for eons. But our fight is coming to an end. And if he wins it means the destruction of everything"  

I took one last look around at all of the mortals before me. I had given them barely any information. Just that they needed to be afraid. And they needed me. So I widened my arms, extending my power over all of them. The power of the darkness. Many knelt, some stood tall. Others cowered. It was a natural reaction to such power, 

"Believe what you will" I spoke, my voice demonic, "Just know that in 5 days an army will be here. And it will destroy your home

With that being said, I snapped my power back in and vanished from the sight of mortals. 

We had finally been revealed.