Chapter 21 - This Will be My City

Nik POV

After I'd rebuilt the Mikaelson compound I'd decided it was time for me to move back in there. It also meant I could monitor the doors to Hybrid City. I'd parked the Tardis in the underground section of the compound, hidden away from view. Megan and Arthur had moved in with me, whilst the rest of my family had elected to stay in the new city I had built.

I also moved the portal to the pocket dimension into another room of the house. A room that stayed hidden until it was used by someone who knew everything.

In this room, I decided it would be easier to have a few more portals there. I had one leading to Camp Perseus, one to Olympus and one to Othyrs.

Having moved back to New Orleans, I decided that I should try to take an active role in the city. After the vampire race died out, witches had taken control of New Orleans, banishing any who weren't one of their own. So when I heard the Fetes de benedictions was today, I decided to make my presence known.

So here I was, along with Megan and Arthur attending the festival for the witches. Various girls sat at the front of the crowd, people were placing gifts at their feet, "Now watch and learn how Mikaelsons work"

Megan scoffed as I walked away from the duo and towards the witches. I held in my hand a coin with the Mikaelson crest on it. As I approached the witches I flipped the coin into a basket. When the elder monitoring the women noticed the inscription on the coin she gasped and turned to glare at me, "What trickery is this"

"No trickery" I chuckled, "It's a family heirloom"

"Everybody knows the Mikaelsons died years ago" She growled, "So I ask again. What trickery is this?"

"Most of my family died true, but my sister and I survived. And we live to regain what has been taken from us" I answered the woman stood before me,

"There are no Vampires left in existence, you have no right to New Orleans" She spat,

However much power I felt in the room did not faze me as I marched straight towards the woman, "My family are more powerful than you could possibly imagine witch, I alone could retake this city and bathe the streets in your blood. But instead I am reaching out to you, extending the branch of allegiance"

"I expect you will recall the crescent pack as well" She snarled, "Bring those filthy mutts back to plague our lands"

I stepped forward and my eyes glowed red, "Watch how you speak of my people witch. But I will not bring the crescents to your door. I have somewhere else for them to rest"

"But you would have them return to New Orleans" She scoffed, "We have lived in peace ever since those two races were purged from our lands. Why would we agree to let them return"

"Because war is coming. A war greater than anyone has ever seen. The wolves are preparing, the gods are preparing. An entirely new species of Hybrids have been created to wage this war" I revealed, "And don't think you are able to avoid it, this war will come. And if you are not prepared it will wipe every stinking witch from the face of the planet"

"Lies from the mouth of a Mikaelson" She spat, "You will not trick us abomination"

With a glare I observed the crowd, "I am warning you all! War is coming to the planet earth. We must stand united against the threat. Witches, vampires, hybrids and werewolves standing together as one. One clan of supernaturals"

The witch stepped forward one last time, "For the last time. Leave. You are not welcome here Vampire"

"This city will be mine" I growled, "And I won't need to raise a hand against your people to do so"

With one last dramatic flourish, (Allowing a bolt of lightning to strike just outside the building) I teleported Meg, Arthur and I back to the compound,

"Those bloody witches" I screamed throwing a table into the wall. It shattered on impact sending splinters across the room, "I should kill every last bloody one of them!"

"Then you will become exactly what Benjamin and the rest think you are Dad" Megan countered, "Why are we even bothering with this anyway? Surely we should be training the hybrids for the fight against Chaos"

I nodded, "That's what we're doing. If I can get the witches on our side as well, we can empower our army even more. If I could unite the supernatural world..."

"Then no one could oppose you" Caroline announced her presence exiting the pocket dimension, "An army that strong would be able to topple any threat to you and your family wouldn't they Niklaus"

"We could protect everyone. The Camp, Othyrs, Olympus. With an army that large no one could stop us!" I exclaimed, "Don't you see Caroline? I'm doing this for everyone"

She still looked suspicious, "And all entirely loyal to you" she snarked, "You freed them, gave them power so of course they'll answer to you"

"I gave them a home" I argued, "Somewhere safer than any supernatural being has ever found"

"You put them in a prison. Hid them away from the rest of the world" The blonde vampire laughed sarcastically,

With a snap of my fingers a small model of the pocket dimension appeared in the centre of the room, "I plan to move everyone there" I admitted, "Imagine a community of all supernatural beings. Hidden away in another dimension. Safe from mortals. And mortals safe from us"

Caroline finally seemed to realise my plan,

"They'd be safe from persecution. Then without supernatural presence the mortal population would thrive" I exclaimed viewing the map,

"Megan, Arthur can you give us a minute" Caroline asked stepping towards me,

My twin children left the room awkwardly eyeing the tension between me and their headmistress,

"You're not doing this for the supernatural community are you Niklaus" She stated when they'd exited the room,

Sighing I nodded, "That is not the only reason"

"I saw it in your Uncle. When Hope was born he went to every length imaginable to protect her. Tried to get the wolves on his side by giving them all moonlight rings" She continued with her explanation, "And now here you are. Building a whole other dimension filled with indestructible hybrids"

"I can go and get Megan and Arthur when they were babies. Take them to Hybrid city and raise them myself, surrounded by my pack and family" I finally revealed, "Nothing would ever harm them"

"And the witches are just another layer of protection" She continued my plan,

I nodded in agreement, "There's a very good chance I won't make it out of this alive Caroline. If something happens to me-"

"Niklaus-" She tried to interrupt but I ignored her pleas,

"If something happens Forbsy. Find Lily. She will take you to Megan and Arthur when they were babies. If anything happens, I want you to take them to the City of Hybrids. I'm already working on opening a portal between your universe and the pocket dimension so you can still be present when you are needed"

"This is a big ask Niklaus" She sighed,

I nodded, "Let me put it in more simple terms" I sighed before taking her hands in my own,

"Caroline Forbes, will you be the godmother to my children?"