Chapter 48 - Throne of Darkness

I'd decided to take the Tardis back to Primus. Not wanting to waste all my energy by flashing myself over there. That meant it was only Lily and I heading to the oldest planet in existence. Where the creators all once dwelled. 

"Did Amara tell you what exactly we were looing for?" My daughter asked, 

"Her throne. Apparently that will be where the truths are revealed" I said, "Other than that I have no clue" 

A sigh escaped the redhead's lips, "So we have no clue what we're looking for? And you didn't bring Percy? Who rules over this land?" 

I nodded, "This is my journey" I replied, "I can't have Percy walking me through it holding my hand" 

"So do you have a plan? Any clue where to start?" She urged, "Please Dad we have nothing right now!" 

I pulled on my long leather jacket and strolled towards the door, "Keep the engines on standby" I ordered, "If I'm not back in 24 hours, return to Hybrid City. Get our family away from this universe and to safety" 

"I can-" She began, but I cut her off, 

"Lilith, somebody told me recently that I'm the only one who can save us all and they're right. If I'm gone then we lose the Darkness. If we lose the Darkness then Jack fades leaving Chaos with all the power he needs to wipe everything out. I'm not having you all die because I failed" I ordered, she went to speak but a sharp look from me stopped her, "I love you Lilith. Always remember that" 

With one last kiss pressed against her forehead, I exited the time ship and entered the forest of the first world. 

It was a different section of the forest than where I'd landed last time, a darker section. The shadows seemed to draw closer to me, attracted to me. As I moved deeper into the forest, these shadows followed me.

 I was starting to think I was in the right place.

I moved slowly, reaching out across the forest with my senses. Searching for anything that could correspond with what I seek. Only I found nothing. There was darkness everywhere, darkness that I could control. Only it wasn't my darkness I was searching for, It was the darkness that still belonged to Amara I was after. 

It must have been hours I searched for, combing every corner of this dark forest in search of another's darkness. Yet I found nothing. 

"What is it you seek?" a voice suddenly called out. Much like the spectres had when I first met them, 

"The Darkness" I answered, not wishing to fight, "I seek the Darkness" 

"But you are the Darkness" The voice laughed, "There is no darkness that is not you" 

Hesitantly I twirled around, searching for who was speaking, "You know me?" I demanded, 

"Everybody knows you Niklaus Mikaelson. Angel of Time" it spoke, "And nobody knows you" 

"A riddle" I sighed, "Great"

Chuckles seemed to float on the wind, "You don't like what I say?" 

"I'm just sick of riddles" I groaned, "Why does no one say what they mean" 

"Like you do?" It asked, "Every word you say is veiled in darkness"

Why is it always me these non-corporeal gits haunt. 

I waved my hand and darkness surrounded it, a faint purple glow danced in the shadow, "Not every truth should be revealed" I whispered,

"Yet here you are, searching for those very secrets that should never see the light" The voice threw back at me, "You lie even to yourself" 

"I have no choice" I cried out, "This war will only end one way. Me and Chaos"

Finally shadows solidified, before me a light skinned man dressed in a full black suit. His hair was dark, not as dark as mine but still black and his eyes hid something I couldn't identify. 

"And why is that?" He asked, 

"Who are you?" I demanded, 

He shrugged, "That doesn't matter. What does matter is you. You are right, this war will only end with you and Chaos facing off. But you are not powerful enough to beat him. Not yet" 

"Oh so now you're being straight with me?" I scoffed, "Whatever gave you reason to do that?" 

"You do not need to know my reasons" He shook me off again, "All that you need to know is how you're going to become powerful enough to destroy him" 

Faster than even I could comprehend we were in another chamber. One where there was no light. Only darkness. Thankfully with my abilities I could see. And in the center of the chamber was a dark throne. Made of a material that seemed to be almost alive. 

"Amara's throne" The man appeared besides me again, "She ruled over this land before Chuck trapped her" 

"I don't understand all this" I finally admitted, "Amara told me truths would be revealed. But there's still so much I don't get" 

"What plagues your mind Niklaus" he asked, 

"The Angel of Time" I said, "What is it? Because I keep thinking I've done it. Become the Angel that will either save or destroy everyone. Yet I keep being told I'm not"

He hesitated, like he was debating how to answer, "Niklaus, you have been so many things. A warrior, a leader, a father, a husband. Yet there is still so much you can achieve. You could be a king! A god! Yet you hide away from it as if it will end you" 

"That's not an answer" I sighed, my eyes glued to the Throne of Darkness, "I need an answer" 

The stranger placed his hand on the throne, it glowed a dark purple when he did, "The Angel of Time was prophesized right at the dawn of time" The purple light revealed an inscription on the wall, "The creators all know this. Percy and Jack haven't told you because they can't. Because you couldn't know it until you came here" 

The inscription was surrounding an image of an angel with golden wings.

"The last Multiversal prophecy" He finished with a whisper, 

The Angel of Time from Darkness Rises, 

To face the Chaos his war has provided.

The power of  creation imbued in two, 

To raze or save, he must choose.