Chapter 57 - 4 hours

4 hours

Sending the kids away was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But at the same time it was the easiest. I hated saying goodbye, seeing them upset, but I knew they were safe. As was Lily.  If we lost this war, they would be safe. 

The sun was setting in the distance, we'd be fighting our enemy in the night. But that wouldn't deter us. 

"It's beautiful don't you think" Morgana sighed, approaching me as I stood on the Brooklyn bridge, 

"I've seen better" I chuckled, remembering the first sunset I saw after my 14 billion years in hell

"He can barely look at me" she whispered to me, "What have I done" 

Arthur. That's who she had to be talking about. Her brother whom she betrayed and left behind. 

"I'm not the best with redemption. I'm still trying to make up for everything. But the fact that we're both trying is what counts" I tried to explain. But I was right about one thing. I am very bad at redemption. Considering the fact I am now the literal embodiment of darkness I don't think redemption is fully possible anymore. 

But then I saw something that may just help her situation. What she couldn't see was behind her a man who looked like the very definition of old was heading towards us, "I think he might be able to help though" I nodded towards a very old friend of ours, 

She turned to see the man who was meant to kill her before I intervened, 

"Emrys" She sighed, but I could see the caution in her eyes, "You're alive?" 

Merlin nodded, "So it would seem" a raspy voice came, "Time may have caught up with me though" 

I smirked and approached the man I once called friend, "I can fix that" 

Placing a hand on his forehead I rewound his body clock until the man before us was the same as the man I left all those years ago. 

He ran his hands all over his face. Feeling for the white beard that was no longer there and the stringy hair that had reverted to it's short black style we once knew. 

"Thank you" he said to be, but his voice was still raspy. Clearing it he smiled when he didn't feel any pain from it, "Thank you Niklaus" he told me, 

"Of course old friend. It's good to see you" I replied, holding my arm out to him. He grasped it and nodded in reply. Clearly it had been plenty of years and he had forgiven me for failing to save Arthur. 

There was a clear aura of apprehension around Morgana who was still keeping her distance from Merlin. Deciding to end this once and for all I snapped my fingers and Arthur appeared next to me. 

"Merlin?" Was the first word out of his mouth,

"Arthur" Merlin gasped, 

The three friends, rivals, enemies all stood together. They'd been through more than anyone they knew in Camelot, bar myself. And before either one of the men could stop her, Morgana wrapped her arms around them. Crying apology after apology to her former best friends. 

And whilst they didn't say anything, both of the most famous names in history wrapped their arms around her. And I knew, they were going to be okay. 

2 Hours 

Jack, Percy and I stood atop the wall. You could now see the smoke from the torches of the Chaos army in the distance. 

"So if all else fails, you know what must be done" I finished explaining to them, 

They nodded. Both unhappy with the plan but knowing it's necessary, 

"How did our lives come to this" Percy laughed, "the three of us were never meant to be born yet here we stand with the powers of the mightiest beings in the universe" 

I laughed as well. A son of Poseidon, A son of Kronos and a Son of Lucifer. Three men whose fathers had been forbidden from conceiving. Yet here we were, "It's one hell of a story" I agreed, 

"Should write them down" Percy chuckled, "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" he mocked waving his hand in the air, "I can see it now, loads of books I'd never ever read"  

"My life already is a book" Jack shrugged, "The old god wrote it" 

I smirked whilst trying to think of what mine would be like. What would you even call it? Tales of the Multiverse? Niklaus and the Final War? The Angel of Time? Could be any of them. 

"Who would want to read about our lives anyways" I laughed before pulling out a flask of bourbon, 

"You know none of us can get drunk right?" Percy chuckled, 

Nodding, I took a sip anyways, "I'm a tribrid with demititan and an Alpha werewolf's physiology. Even without the Darkness I can't get drunk. I just like the taste"  

Taking a sip I passed it to Jack who also took one, but he frowned and made a face at the taste. He offered it to Percy who quickly turned it down stating he had a bad history with alcohol. 

"What happens if we win?" I asked, "All our lives have been leading to this war. Prophecy after prophecy has lead us here. What comes next?" 

"The universe needs to be cared for" Percy suggested, "We could explore. visit everywhere as the new caretakers of the universe" 

"In my experience" Jack piped up, whilst it wasn't a lot of experience, he did kill God, "The universe would be better without our interference" 

"I wouldn't want to stay here anyways" I argued, "I might retire" 

We all chuckled, "Well you are old" Percy agreed, 

I slapped him round the head, "Respect your elders Perseus or I'll make you  start calling me Uncle Niklaus" 

"We could all retire. Give up our powers and just rest" Percy agreed, "Hopefully mine sticks this time" 

"Retirement" I laughed, 

"Imagine that"