Chapter 25 - The Spectres

Nik POV

"There's only three of them" Marcel offered, "We can take three of them right?"

I sighed, "Only one way to find out"

My team and I launched at the three cloaked figures. From their cloaks, two of them drew swords made from a dark metal whilst the third drew two dark knives. Marcell and Jack attacked first, the upgraded vampire sped towards them whilst Jack fired several shots towards the Spectres.

Marcel's neck was snapped and a knife found itself lodged in Jack's heart.

Morgana growled and purple energy surrounded the trio. I saw her eyes flash orange as the energy caught fire and closed in on the group. I thought we had an advantage but they soon disproved us when the middle one waved his hand and the fire died down.

"Come on mate work with us here" I complained getting ready to charge them myself when Kai, Isis and Morgana charged them,

It was evident we were outmatched because the spectres flowed elegantly, dodging the attacks with ease and mocking the team as they went. They were toying with us.

I knew I wouldn't be able to help them, so I stood still and analysed our opponents fighting style. When they finished messing around and finally subdued my three comrades they turned and faced me.

"You haven't run" The middle one chuckled, "Even after you saw what we did to your friends?"

With I shrug I smirked underneath my helmet, "Mate, If you're comparing me to them. I wouldn't bother"

"And why is that?" the female voice demanded,

"Because I'm Niklaus Fucking Mikaelson" I snarled, twirling Excalibur threateningly, "Let me show you what that means"

This time the three spectres attacked me, but as soon as the first sword came flying towards my chest the world seemed to slow down. Using millenia of battle instincts and training I bounced the first sword off of my forearm brace and ducked under the second. When the smaller female figure came at me with her knives I flipped over her and tried to land a kick on her back.

She saw this coming and slid around my legs, trying to sweep them out from underneath me. But as she attacked, I used my ring to swap Excalibur for bolt. Planting the spear in the ground her legs made contact with the shaft of the spear before they could reach my own legs. However before I could return the attack on the spectre, one of her partners attempted to fight me in hand to hand combat.

Deciding to fight with some honour, I returned my weapon to my ring and resorted to hand to hand combat. My opponent launched a flurry of attacks at me, using Judo, Kung Fu, Karate and every martial art known to man. But what they didn't know is that I was also a master. Every move they made I countered, every strike I parried, every kick I dodged. Finally I caught him off guard, knocked one of his arms to the side and sent an incredibly powerful uppercut into his face. I heard a satisfying crack as he fell back. But what I saw next surprised me. His hood had fallen back and revealed full helmet with a dark face printed on it. Except my punch had knocked part of it off revealing a blue eye that was filled with rage and hate.

Before I could try and remove his mask though, I was sent backwards by a dark red lightning bolt to the face. Thankfully my helmet protected my actual head, but it was destroyed in the process. So now truly facing them I looked up and glared, my eyes shifting fully black and my skin paling. The veins around my eyes also turned black and the surrounding area seemed to turn darker,

"Now you've done it" I growled before speeding faster than any being could comprehend at them. Or should I say at a speed I thought they couldn't see.