Chapter 39 - Blood

Nick POV

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dad exclaimed, as I moved towards the Tardis,

I moved some hair out of my eyes and gave a guilty smile, "Just gonna pop to Olympus and pick something up" I lied,

He quite clearly saw through my deceit, raising an eyebrow, "Just to Olympus?"

"Yeahhhh course" I dragged out the words, "There's a few books on ancient creatures that I wanted to check"

"So you're not going to Kansas?" He continued to challenge, 

I shook my head and went to enter my time machine anyways, when it felt like I was moving through jelly. Turning around I saw that the titan's eyes were burning gold, "Seriously?" I sighed before activating my own powers and finding I could move freely,

"That worked a lot better when you were little" Dad chuckled, "But I guess I'm going to have to pull out the big guns"

I ignored him and entered the Tardis. As I began prepping it for take off, the doors opened and someone entered, "I told you Dad, I'm just going to Olympus don't worry"

"I'll make sure to tell him that when we're done here" a more feminine voice announced her presence,

Sighing I straightened up, "So that's what he meant" I groaned before turning around, "Hi Mum"

Sure enough, In the entrance to the Tardis stood Rebekah Mikaelson, "So, where the bloody hell do you think you're going?"

"Olympus..." I tried to argue, "Like I told Dad there are some books I need"

"Cut the crap Niklaus" she scoffed, "You're going after your sister and we both know it"

Sighing in defeat I smacked the console, "Damnit Mum I can't just leave her out there!"

"You're not!" She stated, "You're sending the best people we have after her!"

"If I was sending the best me, Percy and Jack would be going" I said,

Mum shook her head and approached me, "Niklaus this is war. You're now older than all of us, you've seen more wars than any of us can imagine. You know that you can't play you're biggest player in the second battle. No matter the risk"

With a heavy heart I collapsed onto the captains chair, "She's out there Mum and it's my fault" I finally admitted, "I put her on the mission, I didn't take every possible precaution to make sure she was safe"

"It's not your fault little wolf" she soothed taking a seat next to me, "You couldn't have known what was going to happen"

"I'm the air to time Mum. I've lived for billions of years if I can't even save my sister how am I meant to save the universe?" I continued,

Jumping up I approached the console, "Why is it me? Why am I at the centre of this prophecy, this war? Why couldn't it have been someone else?"

"Because you are the only one who could get through this" she told me, rather sternly, "You may be the heir to time but you are also the heir to the Mikaelson. You have been brought up with the belief of family above all as well as the responsibility of both your fathers and our family's power. I can't think of anyone more suited"

I gripped the edge of the console tightly, nearly creating cracks in the metal, "What do you propose I do?" I finally gave in,

"Help them from here. Lead them" she stated

With a flick of the switch the engines powered down, "Damn you" I chuckled,

"Watch your language" she mocked, "you may be several billion years old but I'm still your mother"

Throwing an arm around her shoulders we exited  the Tardis.

— Line Break —

After returning to the forum I began monitoring the recuse mission, the distraction and the mission to capture the new abomination.

Primarily I was focused on the rescue mission and the distraction. To me, my sister and children were the most important things in the multiverse to me.

"Annabeth sitrep" I demanded into the comm unit,

The seven were in Kansas, hidden by a cloak placed on them by Perseus, Jack and myself. There was no way Chaos could find them. 

"We've arrived in Kansas, Frank is tracking her scent as we speak" she replied,

"As a wolf?" I demanded

"Affirmative" She answered once more.

Cursing I spoke again, "Careful with that, Andrea is now a full Tribrid. She is the Alpha in that situation. Make sure Frank doesn't succumb to his animal instincts"

After a confirmation from the daughter of Athena I monitored the other missions.

Team Free Will were making progress. After having arrived back at their bunker. The Winchester brothers had begun to scout the town. They had reported sightings of abominations all over the town. None of them attacking or interacting with the locals. They were simply patrolling. But there had been no sight of the new abomination.

Megan and Arthur were in position. They sat on the border of Missouri and Kansas. Ready to raise hell when given the command.

"Nik" Annabeth's voice came back over the comm, "We've got something"

I pulled up a screen with The seven's vitals and position on it that also showed us the comm was open, "Report"

"We found a body. But it's been ripped apart. We saw what vampires could do but this is something different" she explained.

My eyes instantly met my dad's. Both filled with pain, "Annabeth get out of there Andreas in her wolf form!" I yelled out, "She's wild at the moment she can't separate friend from foe"

Instead of a reply we heard a growling over the line.

Andrea had found them.