Chapter 37 - Casualties of War

Nik POV

"Comms are out!" Hermes yelled from one side of the war room,

I ran over and tried to get them back online. But something was jamming them, stopping any interaction with the team out in the field.

"Andrea?" I shouted down the microphone to no avail, "HOPE DAMNIT ANSWER ME"

All that came out was static, no answer from my sister.

"I'm going after her" I decided, marching towards the lift. But Several Olympians blocked my way, "Move" I ordered,

Zeus stood at the front, blocking my exit, "You know you can't brother, our Sister is out there I know, but I also know that she can only be killed by one thing"

My mind wandered to the only piece of white oak left in this universe.

The silver oak stake hidden deep within Hybrid City. Protected by my entire sireline.

"I can't just leave her there?!" I exclaimed, "She's my godsdamn twin"

"I know Niklaus, but we can't show that you are alive and have escaped Amara's prison. You must stay here" Artemis soothed placing her hands onto my shoulders, "I need you to trust us. Andrea can take care of herself"

Still annoyed I turned around, darkness radiating off of me as I did.

"N.... Nik" A rough voice came over the comms,

I vamped over to the computer and brought the Mic online, "Andrea?"

"he... hello brot brother" She gasped,

"Andy, what's going on?" I asked her,

There was a painfully long pause before she answered "I'... I'm the la... the last one. Th... the rest were... were killed"

"I'll come get you" I told her, "I promise Hope, I'll come get you"

"No...." Was her only reply,

"What do you mean no little sister, I'm not leaving you out there" I answered,

"I protect- protected the gate" She said, "Sea- seal it"

I looked at Hades alarmed, "Andrea if we do that, the blast will kill everything within a mile. We need to get you out of there first"

"...N...no...time" She replied, "Ne- new abominations... ca... can't... kill..."

"Andy please" I begged, "Don't make me do this. I can't lose you..."

"You... won't.... I wil be with you.... Always an... and forever" her words were broken apart by fits of coughing, "I love yo... you"

"I'll find you Andy. Whatever comes after this life for us, I'll find you" I promised, "I love you"

But there was no reply to that last message. We were met with static, "Do it" I ordered,

Hades closed his eyes, and from the other side of the mic I heard the explosion. It destroyed the other end of the call completely, leaving the room in silence.

I straightened up. My knuckles turned white as I clenched my fists. Slowly turning around, I stabled myself on the large table in the centre of the room. My fist came down on it, cracking the table in half and throwing dust into the air.

"Nik..." Artemis tried to talk to me, but her voice was drowned out by the rage that filled me,

"They just declared war on me personally. They think that by killing her you've lost your most powerful general" My head was bowed, eyes glaring at the floor, "But they've just created something far worse to fight them" I finally looked up. Black fire burning in my eyes,

"This war, is only just beginning"

-- Line Break --

I marched into the colosseum where everyone had gathered. And by everyone, I met everyone.

The Titan and Olympian Council sat in the Emperor's box. All residents of Camp Perseus were in the stands. Diplomatic representatives of the Norse and Egyption Pantheons stood with, the Winchesters and the other remnants of Andrea's team.

The seven and the Spectres were hidden in the shadows at the top of the Colosseum. Everyone who bore the name Mikaelson were sat in the stands too. Finally, Myself, Percy, Kairus, Isis, Jack and Arthur M stood in the centre of the Colosseum on a platform raised for this occasion.

There were various murmurs and mutterings around the stands whilst people waited for us to talk.

Finally I approached, using Magic to boost my voice as I had when Percy returned.

"Hello!" My voice boomed, "Thank you all for convening here on such short notice. I wish it were under better circumstances.

A few hours ago I received a communication from our team at the Devil's gate in Kansas. There is a new breed of abomination that are harder to kill than the ones we face at the moment. Unfortunately they were so hard to kill that they managed to overwhelm our forces and killed almost all of them. Including my sister. Andrea Mikaelson gave her life to protect the Devil's gate, she held the line long enough for Lord Hades to permanently seal the gates of Hell, ensuring we did not lose this war before it had even begun. She also managed to save the last remnants of her team. Sending them here as a last resort"

I felt Jack's powers starting to fritz. With one look at Percy, the two of us managed to restrain him from where we stood.

"But we mustn't let her sacrifice be in vain. We must fight. We will avenger our fallen brothers and sisters. We will destroy Chaos and anyone who sides with him"

Cheers were heard from the stands at my speech,

"Chaos has made his first mistake!" I continued, "He has killed someone loved not only by me, but by everyone. He made it Personal.

So I ask, are you with me?"

The cheers grew louder,

"Will you fight by my side!"

I could hear citizens answering my call. Pledging that they will fight.

"For Andrea! For our family! For Olympus!"