Fallin' [part 2]

" well ain't nothing wrong with that, you got ambitions

" well ain't nothing wrong with that, you got ambitions. A purpose in life, you know what I'm saying?"~ Devanté

Y/n showed up at her cousin's shop with a half-eaten cinamon pretzel and a regular salted pretzel. She also showed up with a male company which Keisha was not expecting. But she didn't get a good look at him. Kiesha was going to cuss y/n out. "Girl, did you want me to die?" she was so dramatic. "I'm sorry I forgot okay, but I got everything you wanted." Keisha sighed and rolled her eyes.

she snatched the bag and went to pick up the phone that was ringing nearby. But as Devanté came in her rearview, she dropped the phone in a shock. She squealed causing every hoochie in the salon to turn her way and look at Devante as well. All of a sudden the whole salon ran up to him as if they were a mob at a concert.

"He's even finer in person." a hairstylist whispered by the sink bowl to a customer. When Keisha she caught her self she got everyone else on the same page. "Okay, guys let's calm down. We are professionals here at K hair designz." she said nervously. She shook Devanté hand.

"Nice to meet you Devanté , how can we help you today." she gave a strained smile trying not to fangirl any longer

"Its nice to meet you too baby, this salon is dope. Heard you got the best styling in the 704." he complimented. He told her that he thought he may have needed another perm and wanted his hair neatly braided. "Yeah I got stylist back home but she be trying to braid her way into some dick. I aint got time for that." y/n was baffled. He really kept it real. She could only imagine what it was like being him. He wrote good music that fans loved to hear and then not only that but he seemed like a genuinely good-looking, nice guy. So when females saw that all in one package it was easy to throw it at him. "Well hopefully you won't run into that today Mr. Swing, y/n can take you the sink over there and start shampooing your hair and when she's finished I'll get your touch-ups and anything you're looking for is up for your disposal."

the way Keisha was all about business made y/n very proud. She could easily make this about him being a celebrity but she didn't.
y/n guided him to the salon chair and sink. She placed a hot white towel around his neck. And he sat down. She took her hands out. "What?" he asked. " your glasses." and that's when he did it. He finally took off his shades. Something y/n was secretly hoping he would do anyways . he handed them to y/n and scanned her up and down. He smirked a little as she placed his shades on top of the shelf that was right above the sink. She then began to separate his braids and detach his rubber bands.

"Lay your head back," she commanded. He indeed laid his head back. He started scooting down in the chair and spreading his legs apart. "Let's see what them hands do." he said slightly under his breath. y/n started cheesing at herself.

Kiesha had turned the music up and Prince's 'Little Red Corvette' started blasting through airwaves. "Turn that up," Devanté said.
"Prince fan?" y/n asked. "I know good music and Prince never fails in that department. I use to sneak and listen to albums growing up and when I was 16 I went to audition for him."

" really? Well what happened?" , " he turned me away. But it made me more hungry and that's how Jodeci came together. I mean we got down... what about you?"

"What you mean?"y/n asked confused. " I mean how did you end up here being a shampoo girl and all?"

"Oh! You mean that. I have dreams still. Right now I'm just helping my cousin out and I'm stacking my bread to move out of my parents' home. I got a college degree but it don't mean much with no good paying job. What do I look like being a teacher? I mean seriously. My folks are pretty upset about it. I had a TA position earlier this year but it fell through because I decided to sell clothes instead. Don't get me wrong I like having my degree and if I was still 18 having TA position would be the dream. But life has just changed."y/n said as she continued to lather shampoo and massage his head.

She began to scratch his head. "Mmm, I can see how that can be frustrating."

"Yea it can be, my life is not going the way I thought it would be. I know I'm only 22 but I just have this feeling I could be doing so much more than hanging around charlotte and smoking weed every weekend. But nonetheless, I'm grateful for my job."
"Well ain't nothing wrong with that, you got ambitions. A purpose in life, you know what I'm saying?"

"Yes De, I know what you saying." y/n chuckled. "De?" he opened his eyes momentarily. She knew the man for approximately 3 hours and was already giving him a nickname "That's got a nice ring to it."y/n shook her head and grabbed some conditioner.

"You ever been to LA?" he asked, " I've never been anywhere past Alabama sadly." she sat him up told him to keep the conditioner in for a few moments. When she was about to walk past him he grabbed her from behind, holding her by the waist. 'Okay slander man.' she thought. "You should come to LA," he said holding her with his knees.
"Devanté move, and do what?"

"Start a new life there's plenty of fly girls like you in Cali, making a name for themselves." she looked at him and he looked at her. "You're serious," she said. "Serious as a heart attack baby." He pronounced in his deep protruding voice.

When y/n finished shampooing Devanté hair, she sent him to Kiesha's chair and she started styling it. Devante placed a black styling apron across his neck. He would get a few looks every now and then when customers walked in grinning and screamed internally. But there was something about a black man sitting in a chair getting his hair cut and coming out brand new, Devanté was in his element. He averted his gaze toward y/n when she was sweeping hair off of the shop's floor. Someone called his cellular phone and he grabbed it from his jacket pocket. "What's good?, Nah I'm trying to make my hair look luxurious nigga. Shoot yall can do that if yall want. Chicks just a bunch of jump-offs." y/n could hear the other voice. Basically, Dalvin and K-ci wanted to go hang out with some girls who wanted to do more than catch a movie.

"I'll be back when I'm finished but yall can keep them scarecrows with the 2 dollar stiff wigs K." with that he hung up. y/n could not believe how funny this nigga really was. She started laughing and Devante caught her. "They be buggin." he said. Keisha finally finished the last braid before spraying his head and handing him a mirror. He picked the mirror up and begin to graze the side of his head. y/n started biting her nails hoping they didn't mess up. It was all fine and dandy to meet Devanté Swing at the mall and flirt a few times but this was business.

"Your hands are the business Keisha. This is dope," he exclaimed.
"Preciate it." she said in return, "how much for the service?" he asked.
"Well for you, free. Just make sure you tell your friends about K hair designz." Kiesha smirked. "Ahh, you're smart that's a good marketing plan. But fo'sho."
He got out of the chair and still left a wad of cash on the desk when Kiesha wasn't looking. He started strutting towards the door. y/n noticed and left her broom by the storage closet.

"Devanté , you forgot your shades." it wasn't about the shades it was about wanting to say goodbye. It could have been her only chance. "thanks ." he mumbled as he grabbed them from her. With that, he handed her a card and another piece of paper behind it. "Devanté Swing productions" she mouthed.

"We can always use innovative fly girls like you," he said. "Hmm. then what is this?" y/n opened up a sheet of paper with random 10 digits on it.

"Thats my real number, when you gave some thought to this LA thing come and find me," he answered licking his lip and gazing at y/n deeply. He pulled her in for a hug. She could have easily swooned at that moment. Again she got a whiff of his expensive cologne.

"I'll see you later baby girl," he said cooly with a grin. He slid his shades back on and walked out the door. y/n stood there dumbfounded and Keisha stood back on the wall with curl iron and her arms were folded against her chest.

"Well?" her tone becoming questionable
"So about this LA thing." y/n chuckled nervously.

Was she really considering what he said after meeting him in one day.
There was no way she was already Fallin.