The Glory days

" Uncle Cedric!" His nephew called his name with urgency

Today was the Hailey annual family reunion. It was one of the events that mama Hailey looked forward to.

Family from places like Charlotte, Monroe Baltimore ,Maryland  and all walks of life came to visit.
Just so they could taste those barbecue ribs. Or get a slice of mama hailey's good ole corn bread.

"What's up nephew?"  Cedric pulled his baseball cap off scratching the back of his head.
"Can you tell Grace that you were apart of a famous group Jodeci?" Lamont was on a mission. He wanted to prove something to little Grace.

"Yea right, from like 50 years ago." Grace said with sarcasm. She rolled her tiny set of eyes and chewed on her bubble gum that her grandmother had gave her minutes before.

"Sure Lamont, but Grace if you really don't believe me you should come to uncle Ceddy Ceds House one day."

"I still don't believe you." Grace tells him folding her arms.

"Well then I'm gonna have to tell you a story about the good ole days of Jodeci."

"Of jodecky?" She mispronounced the name. Cedric sighed patiently and Lamont was laughing up a storm.
"No grave digger, it's J-O-D-E-C-I." Lamont answered defending Cedric.

"Tell her the rat story." He said with excitement.
"I've got an even better story." Cedric twisted his cap back around. Giving the kids an suggestive look.

June 1992

"Thank you!" The whole group said in unison.
Cedric known as K-Ci to the fans, wiped the sweat off of his forehead with a napkin.

He walked back stage with his fellow band members. It was a lot of talk going about a party they were having.

And nobody could tell him that he wasn't the life of the party. The problem was he wasn't supposed to know.

"We throwing a party and ain't nobody tell me? That's some bull dawg." He yelled it out while coming to the dressing room. DeVante and JoJo exchanged glances with each other.

"We aren't throwing a party." DeVante stated. He got up from his seat in the dressing room and finally took of his shades.
Then who was throwing a party? Most importantly ,how come Cedric didn't know?

Jodeci walked through the crowd of a bunch of assistants, sound board, musicians, and other acts that were part of their label Uptown.
First De walked pass Heavy D but then Heavy stopped him on his way out.

"Yo De you stopping by tonight?"
"Oh yeah Heavy I plan on kicking it with y'all tonight." Cedric glared at them from behind as Heavy walked the other way.