What my daddy says part 2

(Y/n)

You and Kci spent time at his dressing room. It's ironic that he was a church and church boys are supposed to have some type of honor code but you clearly saw that Kci did his own thing. He showed you the carefree side of life and that was just in a swift few moments.

" hurry up your messing up the rotation girl!" Kci had passed you the blunt because he saw that you were curious and wanted to try. At first you were fine but then after exhaling you coughed loudly and your lungs couldn't really take it so you gave it back.
" isn't there like a scripture in the Bible that says you shouldn't smoke?" You asked him curious again.
It wasn't that you were a religious fanatic but you wondered why a person of faith didn't take his religion seriously. And you received a typical answer. " nah this is a plant ,this a herb ,all natural." He emphasized with his JJ from good times voice.
" so you got a boyfriend (y/n)?" He asked you. You were taken back because honestly you were having a good time and didn't expect the conversation to go this way.
"Umm I d-"
" Kci you're up now!" The director interrupted our conversation by knocking on the door announcing that Kci act was up.
" well I gotta sing now, see you out there in the audience tho (y/n)."
He said as he flicked your chin making you blush.

You made your way back to crowd. It was now dark and lights were facing the stage. You caught your dad behind the drums standing on the stage mouthing 'where were you?' But you just smiled like you didn't see what he was saying.
" now coming up is little Cedric and the Hailey singers singing 'born again ' "
The mc announced. All the people stood up giving a standing ovation.
You already knew what that meant.
" you ought to be born again... saved and sanctified washed in the blood of the lamb."
Kci had a captivating presence that anyone could see. He had young girls jumping up and down in the front row. It was like he was a tent revival preacher and sex symbol at the same time. If that was possible you thought.

Soon you looked up and he laid his hands on an older lady and her wig spun around.

You could not help but to laugh

You could not help but to laugh. But then you got some cold glares from other church folk and you immediately zipped it up.
The song got really good and you got up and clapped along with hundreds of people. Only to catch kci looking your way and then winking at you. You lost your focus and and your mind was on this boy Kci all of a sudden.

You always did what daddy said but now you were questioning his whole being.

****

" so you liked the show?" You had met Kci back stage with all the other band members.
" yeah it was amazing you're talented." You complimented him in awe .
" nothing but the anointing sugah." He said pinching your cheek and wiping the nape of his sweaty neck with a towel.
You and Kci were engaging in a conversation like you two had known each other for ages. He told stories about growing up in Monroe North Carolina and about how he would make it big one day. Unfortunately that came to an end when your dad was looking for you.
" (y/n), (y/n)!" He called. He made his way toward you but he was stopped midway by the bass player in the band.
" ayye ya heading out Sam?" The man said.
" I see you leaving me now." Kci said sadly but still in a joking like matter.

" yeah my daddy says I ha-"
"Have to go, I know." He finished your sentences.

" but don't forget about me where ever you are." He told you holding your hands and then kissing them.

You blushed trying to hide that side from your dad. "Bye Kci." You waved at him.
" don't say bye say see you later (y/n)"Kci replies.
You repeated what he said just to make him happy.
" see you later Kci."
Little did you know that you would see him later 4 years later but you definitely would see him.

1986