Dalvin and Me

"that little boy got you looking like a fool and you the talk of the town! how would Robert feel?"

y/n~

it was every girl dream in the suburbs to be married to a wealthy bachelor. Of course you thought you would be happy to settle down with Robert Harrington. he was slightly handsome ,worked at a law firm and drunk coffee and read a news paper every morning awaiting on his breakfast.

typical.

You were not satisfied though. you settled to work at a near by boutique making up to 9 dollars an hour. it was not because you needed the job it was because you needed a life and this was your only way of fulfillment you could achieve that you so desperately craved.

"Y/n I will be out of town on business." Robert explained. You sat on the tip of the bed watching your husband packing his attire and while multi-tasking and fixing his tie.

you were not moved by this considering how many business trips he takes a year. you became lonesome when he was gone and well Robert always said he didn't want any kids.

you did not mind the 'no kids' rule as long a you were able to keep more company. "Robert can't I go with you? you pleaded with him. "I keep telling you I cant bring you with me its for business and plus did we not just go on vacation?"

you scoffed because you knew he was not there for the sake of relaxation.

"you are lying you went there for business and did not think I would notice, you think I'm stupid don't you?" you ranted following behind him as he pushed the door shaking his head as if you were in the wrong.

" I mean when was the last time you touched me Robert? think about it ?" it was clear that Robert had no intentions of tending to your needs.

"ahh so that's what this is about...Y/n I gotta be honest with you."

"honest about what?" you asked seemingly confused.

"I am just not attracted to you right now. I mean your hair , your bod-

"wait a minute I thought you liked my hair like this?" you weared your hair in a tight bun because Robert told you it looked professional. "and I know I have picked up a few pounds here and there but Go-

"I cant talk about this right now I"ll see you later." he replied in matters of a second.

" fine." you murmured.

Robert was half way to the car when you yelled ' I Love you' you definitely yelled loud enough for him to hear instead he hopped in inside his bmw and sped on down the road.

when he left you were alone and only thing that could be heard was the television playing soap operas and you finally cried yourself to sleep.

****

"Hey y/n we are having a small get together this friday ." Mrs. daisy your neighbor was one of the kindest people you knew.

"How nice of you miss Daisy but I believe I have to work a shift that day."

" oh don't you worry about that,ole Marsha can give you a break." she said joking but halfway serious. " plus you just have to meet my nephew who's coming to town he got a basketball scholarship." she beamed proudly.

Mrs. Daisy talked highly about her nephew many times it seemed that he was her golden child even though she already had a older son.

"I"ll see. " you assured her smiling

***

You decided to take up Daisy on her offer and cancel work.

there you were putting on your yellow flaring dress that complimented your skin tone perfectly. you put on a string of pearls and classy heels' not too short not too high' you thought. Then you lastly wrapped your hair in a tight bun.

you walked over to your neighbors house carrying your small purse and reluctantly knocked on the door.

" come on in." Mrs. Daisy verbalized

It was a family vibe going on everyone and their mama were eating a piece of cake and cutting up just enjoying each others company.

you nodded and greeted at a few people. some you knew some you did not.

Daisy finally caught you and brought you into the kitchen to meet her nephew you presumed.

"aye Dalvin come here boy!" she yelled. there you saw a young man grabbing a wine cooler out of the fridge. He turned around alerted by her demise.

He stood about 5'11 feet and he had a tiny mustache that rested on top of his thick lips. to top that he had smooth chocolate skin to cover his surface. he could not have been older than 19.

"y/n?" Daisy called to get your attention. "oh yes, sorry my name is Mrs. Harrington. I'm your aunts neighbor." you explained.

You raised your hand to shake his as he shook your hands while biting on his bottom lip.

"nice to meet you Mrs. Harrington." he said. He was a well mannered boy country boy at that. but any girl could see that he was easy on the eye. " I told this boy if you need your grass cut that he should do it?" Daisy said volunteering him.

" that want be necessary but your into landscaping?" you asked continuing the conversation.

"a little. But you know anything for you Mrs. Harrington." he replied winking towards you then he grabbed his beverage and left the room

"oh don't mind him he flirts with anything that walks around." a girl said walking past you.

was it just you? that felt electricity when ever he looked your way during the party or was it both of you?

you felt bad about looking at a 19 year old boy but most of all even more guilty for looking at anyone other than Robert.

***

next Saturday~

You woke up this morning hearing the sound of a engine outside your window. You opened your curtains and seen Dalvin cutting the grass on your yard.

He was shirtless with sweat glistening on his body he moved the lawn mower back and forth, back and forth.

"oh sweet baby Jesus." you expressed.

you got up and put on your robe fixing your coffee in the kitchen until you heard the doorbell ring.

before you proceeded to open it you tightened your robe. "hey Dalvin!"

"Hey Mrs. Harrington , just wanna let you know I cut just about everything and I clipped your bushes if you did not mind."

"no I don't mind uhh thanks!"

" the pleasures all mine." he said giving you a tight lipped grin. "would you like to come in? I'll fix you some lemonade. you offered.

I wont say no to that". he joked as you laughed halfheartedly. after conversing for awhile you brought the lemonade to him and he thanked you.

" I am so sorry if I knew I had company I would have been dressed." " no apology necessary,its your house".

He had a point.

"is that a 1986 cham-" all of a sudden the glass of lemonade spilled on his pants .

" oh I will get it for you." you took a paper towels and started dabbing on the wetness of his pants.

"woah there." he stopped you by grabbing your forearm from moving any further.

"oh gosh I don't know whats going on dalvin" you said embarrassed about the situation. "does your husband ever tell you how beautiful you are?" he looked down at you and at this moment you knew that you were desired.

To be continued...