Chapter 12 : Xinghyung Is Out Of Danger Now

The whole incident happened in just two or three seconds. When their overlapping bodies finally stopped rolling down the stairs at the landing, Lay was dizzy from the vibration of the collisions, but there was no pain in his body. Suho , who had protected him, let out a depressed, pained groan.

Heart tense in his chest, Lay sat up and immediately asked, “Suho , Suho , where does it hurt?”

He carefully supported the other’s side, not daring to make any big movements. He quickly and carefully checked him over from head to toe. Fortunately, he had no injury on his head and there was no bleeding elsewhere.

Suho took a moment to clear his head after the dizziness and then managed to hold a smile, “It’s okay……probably a sprained foot.”

Lay said in relief, “Don’t move, I’ll call someone to help.”

Fortunately, the phone in his pocket hadn’t broken. He called chanyeol and Kai with an explanation. He waited for more than ten minutes with suho . The two arrived quickly, chanyeol also bringing his own omega.

“Baekhyun , why are you here? Go home and rest,”Lay said.

Chanyeol , in the middle of picking Suho up, interjected, “We were on a date, he heard the call and was worried about you, so he had to come along.”

“I’m fine, this silly bunny protected me.”

Suho , who was lying on chanyeol ’s back, smiled. Lay got angry when he saw his disregard for his own safety and punched him lightly.

“See if you smile again.”

Suho struggled to raise his hand, then wiped the dust off Lay ’s face. Still smiling, he said, “You’re out of danger now……”

Lay froze for a moment, his brain stuttering to a stop, and his hand grasped suho’s hand as he tried to pull it away.

“……you also can’t get hurt.”

The group hurried to the school infirmary. The journey took a while, so, in the end, suho’s left ankle was swollen like a steamed bun.

The school doctor was quite reliable. He massaged the injury a few times and the pain instantly faded a lot, but Suho had to rest for a while to fully recover.

Lay helped suho to lie down on the bed, saying to chanyeol and the others, “Head back first, I’ll just stay here.”

Out of the spirit of brotherhood, Kai wanted to stay with the night, but just as he opened his mouth, he was dragged back by chanyeol , “Then we’ll leave first.”

Kai: “?”

Stepping out of the infirmary door, baekhyun couldn’t hold back the urge to gossip, whispering to chanyeol , “Towards that alpha, Xing seems to be a bit……?”

Chanyeol sensed his implied meaning and raised an eyebrow, “So you can see it too.”

Only Kai couldn’t figure it out, “See what?”

Chanyeol gave him a blank look, “Just what you and the two fools inside don’t see.”

“?????”

Only the two of them were left in the ward. After the chaos, the night was dark and the school doctor had headed out to sleep. Suho ’s leg was covered with medicine, so it was inconvenient for him to move, and he could only stare at Lay .

“Xinghyung , go back to the dorm. I’m fine.”

Lay glanced at him, “Shut up and go to sleep.” He covered him with the quilt gently.

Suho obediently lay on the bed, the quilt covering all the way to his neck so that only his fluffy head was exposed, making him look even more cute than usual.

“I’m so useless, Xinghyung .” His eyes were filled with a bit of desolation. “Such a small thing managed to hurt me and now Xinghyung needs to take care of me. How can I become someone for you to rely on like this……”

“Did I say that I would rely on you?”lay asked.

Suho pursed his lips and squeezed his eyes shut. When he opened his eyes again, they were a bit red, contrasting against his brown-green irises like mud disturbing a clear lake, appearing both innocent and sad.

Lay looked at him wearing this expression and suddenly lost his temper.

“I’ve never thought you were useless. Maybe a little scared. But in any case, you were pretty reliable, so thank you for protecting me.” He rubbed Suho ’s head, then his expression and tone changed. With intentional ferocity, he added, “But you are not allowed to do this again. I don’t need your protection. If you get brain damage or become disabled, it’s not me who will take care of you for the rest of your life.”

Suho smiled, scratching his nose. “Heehee……that also seems correct.”

Lay couldn’t handle him anymore, “Okay, let’s go to sleep. Even if you’re not tired, I am.”

Suho nodded, “Okay, good night, Xinghyung, head back to the dorm.”

“I’m not going back, I’ll sleep on the chair outside.” lay turned to walk out, but his hand was caught.

Suho quickly said, “You won’t sleep well like that, go back, don’t worry about me.”

Lay’s hand was wrapped in each other’s wide, warm palm. The temperature seemed to penetrate from his skin into his bloodstream, causing his body to start to warm involuntarily, just like when Suho had kissed his fingertips last time.

“Or should I sleep with you? Seems to me this bed is quite spacious.”

He made the joke casually, but after he said it, his heartbeat gradually accelerated. For some reason, he ended up feeling a little nervous.

Suho blushed when he heard the words, then sealed his lips and said nothing, his hand still tugging at him without letting go.

Lay noticed that he was so easily teased and his nervousness disappeared. Desire to tease rising, he deliberately leaned in and lowered his voice, “How about it? Make some room for me.”

The green in the depths of Suho’s eyes became gloomy and dim, seeming a bit different from the profound charm displayed everyday. Lay was watched carefully by these eyes, and his heart rate, which had just stabilized, was suddenly thrown into disorder again.

“No……” suho finally spoke, his voice very soft.

Lay froze for a moment. He hadn’t expected that he would refuse. “Why?”

Suho looked away, the tips of his ears glowing red, and he whispered, “I……I can’t guarantee that I won’t do anything……”

Lay sneered dismissively, “You being like this, what could you do?

He patted suho ’s head, straightening up, “Don’t think about such nonsense, be good and lie down, I’ll go out to sleep.”

“Okay……” suho saw that he would insist, so he could only let go.

“Do as you’re told. Yell if you need me. I’m borrowing your jacket as a blanket.” He casually grabbed Suho ’s jacket from the side and walked out of the ward.

Update : 30 Dec 2021
Total words : 1135

WWell it's last update of this year ~
Never thought this year will going to end too soon

WWell it's last update of this year ~Never thought this year will going to end too soon