Chapter 16 : So Clueless

On the day of the founding anniversary, the whole school was celebrating.

In the morning, each department performed an act in the school’s thousand-person hall. Most of them were regular talent show acts and there were also a few sleep-inducing poem readings.

Lay’s department’s 10-person sketch on the characteristics of the T University campus, which roasted all aspects of the university, resonated deeply with the audience. The students in the audience all laughed with joy. Lay had already seen it countless times during rehearsals, but he still gave them face by applauding.

In the afternoon, the stalls of various societies were open. Chanyeol and Baekyung insisted on dragging him around on a stroll. After playing some of the games along the way, they came across a dart shooting booth and happened to find Suho in charge of the booth.

Lay glanced at the name of the society: Astronomy Club. No wonder there were various constellations on the dart board.

Suho saw Lay and immediately gave him a bunch of darts, double the number of anyone else. He smiled and said, “Xinghyung, there are prizes for the shots.”

“What are the rules?”

“Just shoot your own constellation.”

Lay was a Libra. He glanced at the board, rolled his wrist to prep his hand, then he raised his hand and aimed.

“What’s your sign?”

Suho said blankly, “Ah? Mine’s Gemini.”

*Whoosh!* A dart flew through the air, accurately nailing into the position of the Gemini constellation.

“Xinghyung, you’re supposed to hit your own……” Suho explained the rules again.

“Silly bunny.” Lay quickly threw a dart again, hitting his target once more.

“Incurably stupid.” Another shot.

“Sooner or later, you’ll infuriate me to death.” Another one.

On the sidelines, chanyeol and baekhyun burst into side-splitting laughter. Only Suho blankly watched Lay throwing the darts as if he were venting his anger, until all ten darts were thrown and the Gemini target was densely packed with darts.

Lay still felt he hadn’t vented enough after throwing them and wanted to turn around and scold suho personally, when suddenly there was a sound beside him.

“Accurate shots!”

Jackson walked over with a smile, naturally slinging an arm over Lay’s shoulders, and casually said to Suho, “Give me try, I want to shoot his……sign.”

Lay frowned and shook off Suho’s hand, “Fuck off.”

Jackson burst into laughter, “Don’t be shy.”

After he finished saying this, he noticed that Suho was still there, staring at him with a stunned expression.

“Give it to me. What, you won’t go along? Then let’s have a competition,” Jackson provoked.

The smile he’d been showing Lay dropped from suho’s face. The clear, sharp bright face suddenly appeared a bit grim, his brown-green eyes seeming to exude a feeling of danger.

Lay had never seen him show this expression and hesitated for a moment.

Suho said nothing, but came to stand next to Jackson , giving him five darts and taking five for himself as well. His competitive attitude could be seen clearly.

Jackson didn’t take him seriously, chuckling and raising his hand. He tossed casually and hit directly in the center of the Libra target.

Suho stared at the target with silent intent, wearing a rather heavy expression, as if this were the game that would determine his fate. He did a few test movements, carefully aimed, and then made a hard shot—

“Ding!” The dart shot into the Cancer target.

Jackson laughed with even more arrogance and disdain, raising his hand and throwing out the remaining four darts. They all easily hit the target.

Even if Suho made the next four, he’d already lost.

Seeing Suho’s expression was a bit ugly, Chanyeol pulled Lay aside and whispered, urging, “Don’t let them compete like this. Your little bunny’s self-esteem can’t take much more of this.”

Lay shook his head and continued to watch without lifting a finger. Suho glanced back at him, communicating his resolution without a word, and then took a deep breath. He worked up the courage to throw out the remaining darts. He concentrated for each, putting everything he had into it.

Unfortunately, not a single one of them entered the Libra target.

“Psh, weak.” Jackson said with contempt, “Yixing, come with me and help me choose an outfit for the dance.”

Lay looked at Suho, who was standing off to the side silently, with his eyes lowered. He thought to himself, this silly bunny ​​knew he had little hope of winning, yet he dared to agree to a match. Can this be called foolhardy or courageous?

Or maybe, I should say I like him so much that I’ll like him even if there is only a glimmer of hope. I think I have a new level of appreciation for him.

He was instantly in a good mood, the corner of his mouth lifting. He stepped forward and ruffel Suho's hair, whispering in a voice that only the two of them could hear, “Silly bunny, go to the dance tonight and I’ll give you a surprise.”

Suho looked up in confusion, still showing that lonely desolation in his eyes, but Lay had already left with Jackson.

Update : 7 June 2022
Total words : 864

In Mark Twain's novel every apostrophe is a prediction... I'm doubting myself..

I'm starting the series of Hardy boys.... Is it good?

And Kinn(mile) with long hair.....Yaoi God kill me! 😭😣😫

Yaoi God kill me! 😭😣😫