Chapter 20

The next day was Saturday. Lay’s dad had just returned from a business trip and he’d previously agreed to go home to have a meal together with him. Although he was a bit annoyed because he’d just established a relationship with his boyfriend, his boyfriend was quite sensible and, when he learned about the situation, told him he couldn’t not go home.

Before leaving, Lay said, “Wait for my vid chat,” and Suho immediately smiled brightly, replying, “Yes!”

Upon returning home, Mr. Zhang served him a meal. He laid down on his bed after eating and checked the time. Noticing that suho was probably almost back to the dorm, he made a video call. Suho quickly answered, but the background wasn’t from their dorm.

“Where are you?” lay asked, looking at the dark scenery on the screen.

Suho’s face was still clearly , “At the Astronomy Club. The president said that there might be a meteor shower tonight, so he called everyone together to observe it.”

Lay recalled that Suho had been in the Astronomy Club booth on the day of the school festival. “You like watching the stars?”

Suho answered, “The stars in today’s sky are so far away from us. The light has been transmitted for centuries or even millennia, but they still reach us nevertheless. As long as you try hard to shine your own light, one day you’ll  be seen by someone too.”

Lay was a bit confused by this off-topic response, but he still replied, “Mhm.”

“Xinghyung really doesn’t remember.” Suho let out a bitter laugh. “Those words were what you said to me before.”

Lay blinked in surprise.

“When–” When did we actually meet? Lay wasn’t able to get the question out before his open bedroom door was knocked on with a *tap tap* and, as usual, Mr. Zhang came in bringing  plate of fruit.

“Who are you chatting with? Same one as last time?” Mr Zhang asked for the gossip.

Lau  turned the screen in his direction, “Yeah, the one who called you ‘dad’ last time.”

Suho was still pretty nervous to talk to Me zhang , but he did slightly better than last time, respectfully calling out, “Hello, Uncle!

Mr Zhang greeted him with a smile and then looked him over carefully for a while. He asked suddenly, “Last time, I thought you seemed familiar and I kept thinking about it afterwards. Kid, did you come to our house before, to ask which university Yixingxing had been accepted to? ”

Suho blushed in embarrassment. “Yes……Uncle’s memory is very good.”

“Haha, so it’s really you,” Mr Zhang laughed and said, “I was just glad that my son had attracted such a handsome and young alpha. But in the end, you didn’t show up again afterwards. I thought it was hopeless. I didn’t expect you to actually go to his university!”

On the sidelines, Lay listened to this chat for a while and then said in astonishment, “Dad, when did you meet him?”

Mr Zhang thought back, “It feels like it was just after you passed the exam for University? I came home and found this child  in front of our house. He asked me where you were going for university and said he was going to take the entrance exam for the same place as you. I thought he seemed very sincere, so I told him right away.”

Lay stared in shock.

When he was a freshman in university, Suho was in senior high school? He liked him all the way back then?