11.

By the time we finished savoring a wide array of hearty French dishes, hours had slipped away

By the time we finished savoring a wide array of hearty French dishes, hours had slipped away. Inside the restaurant, Tristan threaded his fingers through mine and I tried not to be distracted by how soft and warm they felt as we bid our goodbyes to Zachary who thanked us for coming and promised to be at our wedding.

Aside from Tristan's grilling phone calls, the ride back was silent. While Phillip played soft classical tunes, I busied myself with absorbing the city and watching the happy-go-lucky people who crowded the sidewalks and seemed to have no care in the world.

Upon arriving at our penthouse, I didn't wait for anyone to open the car door. I swiftly unbuckled my seatbelt and hopped down.

We both took the elevator up in awkward silence. Once it dinged and the metal doors opened, I walked out first but Tristan grabbed my hand before I could make it too far.

What now?

I turned.

His eyes were dull and distant. "Tomorrow afternoon, you'll be meeting my grandfather for an official introduction." He explained, releasing my hand. "The dress I want you to wear will be delivered prior."

"Why do I always have to wear what you want?" I asked, not at all hiding my displeasure.

"Because it's my house and it's my money."

I retorted. "Well, it's my body."

He glowered at me. "Ms. Bardot, are we going to argue again?"

I glowered right back. "Are you going to be difficult again?"

His lips pursed. He looked like he wanted to argue but decided against it.

Thank God, because I didn't have the strength either.

"I'll have the stylist send over a few appropriate designs you can select from." He resolved after a silent moment of holding my gaze.

I smiled in satisfaction. "Thank you."

"Good night." With that, he turned on his heels and walked away gracefully, leaving me to ogle at the rear view of his perfect tight ass enclosed in that even tighter suit.

When I eventually snapped out of my daze, I walked through the vast and still unfamiliar space to my room.

"Welcome home, Sienna." Ava received me, turning on the room lights to reveal its grandeur.

I smiled wryly and looked at the ceiling. "It feels good to be home."

In the bathroom, I rolled my hair up, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and went for a short, steaming shower that warmed my bones.

When I got out, I cleaned my wet hair in one of the plentiful plush towels and pulled on the jersey and panty shorts, and I was just about to hop into bed when the shining diamond necklace sitting on my vanity desk caught my attention.