23.

This was getting ridiculous

My life was never this dramatic.

I took a harsh gulp from my tumbler and collapsed into my chair.

I'd dreamt about her last night and I'd tried not to remember the details but it was stark in my mind-the panting, the heat, the sweat, her moans, her doe eyes red and teary, her body cherry and flushed.

Bloody hell. We were only a week into this arrangement and I was already losing my goddamn mind.

Hell, I didn't even like the woman. She looked too malnourished, she was too naive and inquisitive, and snappy and quick to jump into conclusions.

What was it about you, Sienna?

Apart from the collateral damage of bearing the Larsen name, I possessed everything most people could only dream of; an empire painstakingly built from the ground up, vast estates, private jets, and a fleet of luxury cars.

Thanks to my genetics being the solitary redeeming aspect inherited from my crackheads otherwise known as parents, I was attractive, or as the People magazine liked to dub me. "As handsome as the devil,"

I was financially adept and wealthy to an incomprehensive level. It made my word law and whatever I wanted I got, consequences be damned. Granted, wielding such immense wealth and power called for instant submission and compliance from everyone.

Everyone except Sienna Bardot.

It had only been a few days but she had managed to rile me up in more ways than one; deriving pleasure from defying me at every juncture, in ways no one else dared to contemplate.

I'd never encountered a woman like her. She was too audacious, demanding, stubborn, and as snappy as an alligator with a sharp mouth I wanted so desperately to fuck into submission.

Was it the allure of the enigma?

There was something about her that left me perpetually restless and no matter how earnestly I delved into it, I couldn't discern what it was.

I downed the rest of my tumbler's contents in one gulp. This wasn't enough. I needed more, I needed this memory impaired. Regardless of what my cock thought of her, it needed to stop.

Groaning to myself, I grabbed my bottle and refilled my glass to the brim. While I contemplated what to do, a brisk knock resounded on my hotel door. "Boss," Ryder spoke over it. "Wade is here."

Thank fuck.

My day was starting to look up. "Let him in."

My hotel door opened and my ex-psychotherapist from a decade ago stepped in with both hands deep in his pocket. "Long time no see, Larsen." He started, walking into my room like he owned the place. "If I'm not mistaken, it's your honeymoon." He cocked his head to the side. "Having marriage problems already?"