34.

Liking Tristan was hard

Liking Tristan was hard. No in fact, at this point it was near impossible-his mood swings, his constant show of arrogance, his control issues-if I didn't already know his real age I would think he was a grumpy child trapped in the body of a very handsome young man.

Exhaling a beleaguered breath, I turned the bath salt into his tub of ice water and straightened my back. I'd followed the instructions doctor Ryle gave correctly, making sure not to miss a step.

Satisfied with the end result, I walked out of the bathroom and entered the bedroom where I found Tristan eased up against his headboard and brooding over his laptop screen.

"Your bath is ready," I announced, hoping to get a reaction but he continued to brood over his laptop like I wasn't even there, which was annoying because I knew he was doing it on purpose.

"Tristan, I said your bath is ready," I repeated, walking forward with a frown on my face.

"And I heard you the first time, Sienna." He finally retorted in a lazy drawl.

I stopped in front of him and pursed my lips. "You're on bed rest." I cued, taking a bold step to shut his laptop and seize it from his lap. "That involves not working."

He looked up at me with hardened eyes. "Sienna."

"We agreed you'd allow me take care of you." I cut him, dropping the laptop on his nightstand where I knew he couldn't easily reach for it back. "Bath is ready. Get up."

Silence ensued between us. Sitting there, he stared at me for longer than needed.

"What?" I asked, trying to sound as stern as possible but in truth, his stare had my skin tingling.

He kept silent and continued to stare at me and I briefly wondered if he was going to be difficult again but after an awkward minute, he got up from the bed and stalked past me to the bathroom without a word.

In the kitchen, while Tristan had his bath, I opened one of the cabinets and took out a chopping board while going through the potato chowder recipe my mother taught me when I was little in my head