06.

The marbled bathroom had a soaking tub and a standing shower made of pure thick glass

The marbled bathroom had a soaking tub and a standing shower made of pure thick glass. By nightfall, after Stefan had left, I walked out of the lavender-scented bathroom, drying the water out of my hair with a towel. I couldn't remember the last time I soaked in a tub. It felt amazing and I'd stayed in there until my skin began to wrinkle.

Now I was out and making my way toward the walk-in closet in search of a night dress. In here was like another dimension of its own. It was filled with so many clothes that I wasn't sure I would have to repeat any.

I picked out the red satin mid-dress with velvet spaghetti straps and lace appliqués at the hem. I'd never owned something so luxurious before. Standing in front of the mirror, I tossed it over my head.

I admit it was a little unusual going to bed like this. I was used to my overalls and oversized dingy Yankees shirt but this was an upgrade and something told me one of these could most likely buy half of the clothes in my old wardrobe.

Turning slightly to the side, I ran my hand over it. My curves were on display and my breasts jutted up, showcasing my healthy cleavage. It looked so pretty I would consider wearing it out.

Shaking my head and laughing softly, I moved away from the mirror and stepped back into my astonishingly decorated, but utterly unfamiliar bedroom. This was definitely going to take some getting used to.

Looking to the window, I noticed the rain had begun to patter against the pane, and accompanying it were distant thunder grumblings.

It grew closer with every passing moment, intensifying my anxiety.

Choosing to ignore it, I settled between the warm sheets and forced myself to sleep.

I jerked awake, gasping for breath, my heart hammering wildly in my chest, and for a disorienting moment, I sat there, looking into the darkness of my unfamiliar room frantically