50.

"Is it just me or do you look different?" Candice observed as she pulled a dress off the neatly arranged rack and draped it over her arm

"How do you mean?" I asked, my eyes flitting around in search of a possible dress I might like even though I wasn't here to shop for myself.

I already got enough clothes. Too much if you ask me, and to add to that, Tristan had just recently filled a new fraction of my closet with Saint Laurent's winter collection dresses.

He had a valid reason for doing so. The winter season was fast approaching and my summer dresses weren't going to get me through it.

But even if didn't protest, I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that, these days...he'd been spoiling me a lot more than he should.

At first, it was just him coming home with random accessories he'd purchased on trips, but then he'd gone out of his way and just recently gifted me a heart-shaped pink star diamond necklace.

I swear to God, I'd nearly lost it when I found out, and we'd spent a lot of time arguing about it that night. . . .

"Anyone ever told you how hot you look when you're angry?" He teased, watching me with amusement from his position on the kitchen seat.

"Don't change the subject!" I snapped, equal portions of frustration and confusion flowing through me. "You can't go around buying me things like this!"

"Why not?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "When Stefan buys you an expensive gift it's fine, you smile, you thank him, you hug him, when I do it, I'm suddenly the bad guy."

"It's different!"

He raised an incredulous brow at me. "How?"

"Well for starters, his gift wasn't worth half a million dollars! Do you know how much that means?!"

He shrugged, leaning into his chair. "If it'll make you happy, we can both pretend it cost only a hundred dollars."

"No, we can't." I placed the gift box on the counter. "I won't accept it. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should go about spending huge money on just anyone like this."

"Well, you're not just anyone, you're my wife."

"Only deceitfully." I reminded, dismissing the flutters that swarmed my stomach at his unexpected endowment. "You don't need to put on a show. I won't accept this. You can't make me."

Lips pursed, he got up, and when he spoke, his voice was tight. "You don't want it? Fine," he grabbed the gift box, moving passed me and walking towards the trash can.

I turned and watched him, chest heaving. Was he going to...

He opened the trash lid.

My eyes widened. "What are you doing?!" I shrieked, rushing forward and getting in front of him.