31.

The first beam of sunlight casting its golden ray through the open blinds hit my face, gouging me from my sleep, and as my mind slipped back to consciousness, so did the memories of last night come rushing forth like a torrid hurricane

I sucked in air between my teeth and shot up from bed but it proved to be a bad idea because the moment I did, a sharp pain like never before struck me between my thighs, making me hiss and fall right back.

Shit.

I slipped my hand between my legs and clenched my teeth. There was no way I could delude my mind into believing something didn't happen between us last night. The pain was too visible and the evidence was there, right there between my thighs.

God.

I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned.

I slept with Tristan.

Once again, I had betrayed my vow and did what I promised myself I wouldn't do, and I swear to God, I didn't know how it happened. Maybe it was the alcohol. It had to be. I was drunk and dismal and my emotions were much stronger than I could handle.

In his arms, I'd lost control. He made me lose control. His actions had been hypnotizing; his very touch was an aphrodisiac, and his unapologetic kisses were spelling binding, making me forget I shouldn't want him.

The nausea from drinking last night finally hit me, halting my thoughts. My stomach rolled aggressively. I clapped my hand over my mouth to hold down the unbidden bile that rose to my throat as I stumbled out of bed, legs weak, dashing blindly into the bathroom.

I barely made it to the sink in time before the vile broke through my hand. I shut my eyes tight and clenched my fists. My stomach hurt, my head was on fire, my clothes itched-my clothes. I didn't have any on. I was completely naked.

God, this was so frustrating. Why did my life always have to be so complicated?

When I emptied my stomach, I turned the faucet on and washed my hands, staring at the mess I made as it disappeared into the plug hole. Good riddance.

My eyes shifted up and locked with my reflection. I recoiled immediately and lowered my eyes back to the sink. Looking like hell was an understatement. I looked like I jumped right out of Doctor Who as a demented alien creature.

Groaning, I splashed cold water on my face. I really needed to get my shit together and getting clean was the first step.