05.

"Welcome Queens, New York

"Welcome Queens, New York. The local time is 1:43 p.m. Thank you for flying Delta Airlines."

The moment I stepped off the plane and into JFK International Airport, I was engulfed by a whirlwind of relentless activity that immediately overwhelmed my senses.

The terminal was chaotic with a sea of bustling commuters of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds pulling rolling suitcases and hurrying in every direction, each one seemingly in a hurry to get somewhere.

Getting to the pick up area where I was sure I'd be meeting Stefan, I fumbled for my phone and dialed his number.

After a few rings, he answered. "I'm here Cookie, where you at?"

My cheeks flushed. "Hey." I looked up at the sign above me to try and figure out where exactly I was. "I'm standing in front of a place called Yonah... "I paused and looked back up again. "Yonah Schim..."

He chuckled. "Save it, I see you."

I swiveled around. "Where?" I strained my neck to look further into the dispersing crowd, trying to recognize someone I knew. "I can't see you."

"Turn around, I'm right behind you."

Instantly, I spun around, and there he was, my tall, dark, and hot as sin bothers best friend standing amid the sprawling metropolis with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

My heart soared. It was like I had forgotten to breathe. "Oh my God, Stefan!" I gleamed, trying to blink away the shock as I continued to stare straight at him.

"It's me, baby." He grinned at me so widely that his sparkling white canines flashed. "I've missed you."

I couldn't contain my excitement. In that bustling airport, surrounded by curious onlookers, my suitcase was unceremoniously dropped and I sprinted towards him and launched myself into his arms, nearly knocking us both to the ground.

"Easy there Tiger," Stefan grunted and laughed, spinning me around like he always did when I was younger.

"Oh my God, I can't believe this is you." I buzzed when he finally set me down and ruffled my hair. "You look so different." I placed my hand on his chest, noticing the tattoos running all over his thick tawny arms striped with bulging veins. "Do you live in the gym?" I poked his biceps. "Look how hard you are!"

He grabbed my hand and laughed. "Maybe we should take this conversation somewhere private."

I looked over at the apprehensive stares we were getting from the passing crowd and understood what he meant. "Sure, yes."

"I'll get the bags."