🥂 New Year's Special 🥂

"If someday the moon calls you by your name, don't be surprised, because I tell her every night about you

"If someday the moon calls you by your name, don't be surprised, because I tell her every night about you."

- Shahrazad al-Khalij

Kate liked dressing up, she liked feeling pretty, what person didn't? She liked the way that people looked at her when she was presentable, it made her feel as though all that she had gone through to make herself perfect was worth it. When Fyodor asked her to go to a party with him for the celebration of the new year, she hesitated very little in saying yes.

Kate had been told it wasn't a black-tie event nor was it extremely formal, she would get to wear something similar to a clubbing outfit. She was excited because she hardly got to dress this way. It was thrilling to show so much skin and wear such a tight dress without being looked down upon for doing so. However, what was most exciting about wearing this dress was that her mother would hate it. That was most thrilling to Kate.

"Ready to go?" Fyodor peaked his head into her room. He was simply wearing a black dress shirt tucked into some black slacks.

"Yeah." She smiled before standing up and pulling down her dress that had ridden up. She had just finished putting on her black heels.

"You look..." He breathed out, taking her in.

"I look...?" She asked, her face falling.

"Wonderful," He finished, squashing her worries. She smiled in relief and followed after him.

Ivan was lucky enough to have been invited as well. He was excited to follow after his master and Kate; he would follow them until the end of the world.

The ride was short and Kate hardly noticed the length of the drive, she was more focused on controlling her nervousness. The new year was a time of big celebration and partying, including a new year's kiss. All this worried her because of the crowds that might be there and the strangers she might have to entertain. Fyodor might not allow it though, this she prayed for.

At the party, there were more people than she anticipated. It was a packed penthouse they were in. The music was blaring and the people talked so loud. Kate could hardly hear her own thoughts. However, once they passed around the alcohol, she couldn't even feel some thoughts.

Fyodor had not drunk much, he preferred to remain fully in control and aware. He didn't want to dull his senses just in case of unexpected danger. He had partaken in one drink while Kate indulged in three and Ivan took none. Ivan only served his master and Kate, not partaking in the party himself.

There were only ten more minutes until the new year and Kate had found her way back to Fyodor after grabbing another drink. Ivan offered but she refused, insisting she could get it for herself. So, she returned with two drinks in hand, one for her and one for Fyodor, as a surprise.

"For you," Kate handed over the drink with a smile on her rosy cheeks.

"What for?" Fyodor hummed, taking the drink.

"Because you need a drink so that you can toast with me when the new year comes." She answered matter-of-factly. He nodded his head with a smile and a soft hum.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked, making small talk for now.

"I must admit, before my first drink I was rather nervous but now I am enjoying myself. I just wish you would join me, it's more fun when you're around sometimes." She confessed. As soon as the words left her mouth, she smiled sheepishly and turned away.

"Am I?" He asked, leaning towards her with a smile playing on his lips.

"I'm sorry, I said too much." She covered her mouth.

"I like that when you drink you begin to open your mouth much more than when you're sober." He spoke soft enough so that only she would hear. Her mouth dropped open in surprise before closing again quickly.

"Master, the countdown is beginning," Ivan informed the pair.

"Thank you, Ivan," Fyodor nodded his head in response and walked Kate over to the gathering crowd. They stood towards the back, of course, away from most other people.

Their looks were shared as they stared at each other with their drinks in their hands. The countdown melted away around them as they stared. Kate only stared to accompany her thoughts while Fyodor stared because she was ethereal even with drunkenly flushed cheeks and dilated pupils. He would never grow tired of looking at her, even if he tried.

"Happy New Year!" Everyone around them drunkenly shouted.

"Happy New Year," Kate whispered to Fyodor, leaning over to kiss his cheek. He smiled fondly at this gesture.

"Happy New Year, Kate," He whispered back before taking a sip of the drink she brought him. When she turned around to say something to Ivan, Fyodor lightly traced where she kissed him. He was warm in that spot... He was warm in the face.