Part 40

"You want so badly to be pure again, you call yourself a doll, a lamb, an innocent little thing. but the color pink doesn't wash away sin, and rosaries don't make you any less scared of god."

- Unknown

Fyodor sat in his home office typing away wildly on the computer, his fingers practically pounding on the keyboard. He was furious, furious that someone had the gall to take Kate from him, but mostly furious that this person was Miroslav. He was shaking with rage as he hurried to try and locate one of the few people that could help them-- Sigma.

Sigma was a man created from a special ability, the book specifically, but in the future. It was a confusing thing to have someone born from nothing and in the past but he was around, Fyodor knew this, all he had to do was find the man who would end up becoming the general manager of an attraction that would be called the sky casino. Fyodor only needed to locate the man and have him use his ability in order to help save Kate.

"Master--"

"Quiet!" Fyodor shouted at his tentative servant.

"But--"

"No other words from you." Fyodor's voice was dangerously low. Ivan instantly shut his mouth at this tone, he knew well enough what this meant. Fyodor was red hot, blood boiling-- ready to kill.

"Come on Ivan, we're no good up here breathing down his neck. Let's give him some space." Nikolai placed a hand on the back of Ivan's neck as he let him out of the room.

Fyodor hardly even paid them any attention as they left, his sole focus was Kate. He missed her by his side. If she was with him still and saw him furious like this, she would be frightened by it no doubt. But she would try and comfort him, ease his anger even if it was only a little bit. She would most likely be rational about the situation, which would only piss him off even more, but once he would snap at her, he would realise she was right. His best bet was to behave as though she was still there, right beside him. What would she do? She wasn't stupid, she would know that the best place for her was with Miroslav and not any other mob because he would take care of her right until the very moment he would hand her over to the U.S. Fyodor groaned at this fact. Unless...

"Fyodor!" His name being called was enough to shoot him up out of his chair. Nikolai never called him his full name to his face. Something was wrong.

Fyodor rushed down the stairs quicker than a bat out of hell. When he reached the last step, he jumped off into a run to find his dear friend. He stopped abruptly and stared at Nikolai who had the front door open and was frozen in place. Fyodor instantly pushed past Nikolai to see what had him frozen like this. However, he too was soon frozen in place.

Kate was standing on the doorstep, covered in blood and shaking. The dark liquid dripped off of her face and hair and onto the cement step. Her face was blank but her eyes were wide. When she met his eyes, she looked away quickly.

"Kate," He breathed out.

"It's not my blood." She muttered before her lip began to quiver. Fyodor looked around quickly before pulling her into the house.

"Ivan!" He called for his faithful servant.

"What happened, Kate?" He asked, looking her up and down, still making sure she wasn't injured in any way.

"I don't deserve to live. I can't keep living like this." She brought her hands up to her face and sobbed.

"Ivan!" Fyodor shouted once again before moving on to scold her, "Kate, you deserve life just as much as anybody else. Don't ever say something so careless again!"