END

"but whatever came, she had resolved never again to belong to another than herself."

- Kate Chopin

This story has come to its end along with our protagonist, Kate Chopin

This story has come to its end along with our protagonist, Kate Chopin. Such a bittersweet end to such a pitiful life led by her. When I began this story, I knew that it would never work out for Fyodor to fall in love, especially with someone as sorrowful as her. She was always destined to die, something placed as a goal from the very start. I had to be tricky with my wording though, so as not to give it away so easily. However, I let you know this from the very beginning: the story of her life was not destined to be a happy one.

             I am so eternally grateful to everyone who read this story and made me eager to update weekly. This was the second story that I ever finished and published, which is a big thing for me considering I always lose motivation or inspiration when I am writing stories (the number of unfinished stories in my drafts and ideas is literally 58 and increasing (╥﹏╥)

                        I love hearing all your feedback on the story, I always read each and every comment that you write on the chapters. Being a Sigma kin, I recognise each one of you who comments and/or votes multiple times; I deeply appreciate all of it. Please feel free to ask any questions or let me know what you think, I am always working to improve as well as remain open to literally anything you need (writing questions, world questions, character questions-- genuinely whatever you need).

                                    It has been asked where I found the words for this story and the answer is that I put a piece of myself and my own history into every single character in this story. Most of Kate's words during her goodbye to Fyodor are ones that I've spoken myself. Fyodor's manipulative tactics are ones that have been used on me many times. I've written such dark, depressing, and utterly illogical thoughts for everyone in this story, both a blessing and a curse. This story was beautifully dark but isn't mankind fascinated by such bittersweet things in life?

                                                           This story took so much out of me mentally, I have cried over it an uncountable amount of times, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. Now I'll have to figure out a new way to spend every waking second of my free time. I wonder which path is next for me and who is calling for me to write them a story too; the decay of Kate Chopin will exhale life for someone new to breathe in.

𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎.

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."

- Kate Chopin