Chapter III: Convincing

3rd POV-

After not so much convincing, Joshua gave Kai the location of the descendant. Which was coincidently with his twin sister Josette. Kai wasn't allowed to go to her though. Which he couldn't blame his father. He did want to do the merge still, but he had his priories and if Frankie was still alive- that took number one.

So Joshua had agreed to help him. Getting the device from Jo and meeting back in Mystic Falls for the rescue mission. Apparently there was some worldly event coming soon and this was their chance.

Now Kai was finally on his way back to Mystic Falls to inform the others. He was excited to tell them that their soulmate was indeed still alive, although he wasn't sure how. But he was leery on how he was going to convince them.

-

Thinking the warlock and sociopath would be the easiest, he went to the bakery. The black smoke coming from the back of the building alerting him that they were indeed there. Kai waisted no time in running in and spotting them both arguing in the kitchen. Burnt- something in trays on the stove top.

"YOU SAID YOU SET THE TIMER!" Kol shouted, huffing at his younger brother. Henrik rolled his eyes.

"I did not! You are just blaming me because you have no one else to blame." Kai stood there, watching them argue over who was supposed to set the timer before clearing his throat.

"What the hell are you doing here?? This isn't your place. You have no right here." Kol growled, stepping towards Kai. They all held some resentment to Kai. Believing he could have saved Frankie when he was saving the baby. And then the fact that he didn't even appear to have done that correctly.

"I'm here with some news- unless you don't care to know of our mate being alive and possibly well." Kai whistled, a smirk on his face as Kol flashed towards him, his hand on his throat.

"Don't be throwing around false information. I might have spared you because Frankie would have wanted me to. But it's been five years. I could easily change my mind." Kol growled at him. Henrik walking over and causing a bleed in his head and making him drop Kai. "You're supposed to be on my side!" Kol whined, holding his head in pain.

"Don't be a child." Henrik muttered to his older brother. He's changed a lot. Probably not for the best. His attitude went from playful and childish to more of a brooding teenager. "What did you find out, Kai?" His blue eyes meeting Kai's brown ones.

"Frankie is my sire- she's an original. If she died-"

"How are you here?" Kol muttered, sitting up from his spot. The pain in his head subsiding. Kai nodded with a smirk.

"My father is getting the descendant to go back to the prison world. If she is alive- she would be there." He explained as Kol stood up. Hope floating around in his eyes.

"Do you really think she is alive?" Kol asked in a small voice.

"If she is- she's been alone for five years." Henrik stated. His eyes filling with pain. The thought that his soulmate has been alone this whole time- while they were just goofy off to grieve. He felt ashamed. Pathetic. Guilty. "We've got to get her out of there- even if she isn't there-" Kai nodded, clenching his jaw as he understood what the youngest Mikaelson was feeling.

"Now to convince the rest of you." He said with a tilt of his head.

"Maybe we should try Finn and Elijah next. Finn was on his way to disication I believe." Henrik explained. Kol and Kai nodded in agreement before turning everything off and locking up before leaving.

-

Finn was laying in his bed. Having no blood in the last five years, his body was weakened but still pliable. A hiss leaving his lips as the smell of blood entered his room.

"Rise and shine brother! It's a glorious day to be alive!" Kol announced as he burst into the room, tossing a compelled girl over his brother as her neck bled. Finn went to shove her off of him only to be stopped when he noticed Kol, Kai and Henrik sharing the same look. Hope.

"We have proof that Frankie is alive. She needs you to feed so we can get to her." Henrik told him in a low tone, his voice sounding fragile. Finn sat up quickly, his eyes locked on his brothers before going to Kai.

"Are you sure?" He asked in a raspy voice. The weakness of not feeding getting to him more and more.

"About Ninety-Nine percent sure." Kai told him. Finn felt his fangs extend as he stared at Kai- trying to spot any lie in his eyes. When he found none, he grabbed the girl and bit into her throat.