Chapter XVI: Unfamiliar

After the- interesting- shower I had, I sat in my room. I felt comfortable with all of my mates, even though I didn't have memories of them all yet. But sitting in my own room- it felt weird. Unwelcoming for the new version of me that I have become. Nothing in the room seemed familiar to me. Plain. Strange. I reached over to my nightstand, opening the drawer to see a bunch of paper in it. Picking up one, I read it over.

Reasons I love you #5:
You're not done eating. It's okay, being curious is another reason I love you. Finish eating and Henrik will drive you to your next destination. I hope you enjoy the pancakes.

I stared at the note, my eyes moving past it to see a canvas in between my bed and nightstand. I pulled it out, glancing over the colors swirled around. A smile stretching on my face at the sight. It was beautiful. Flashes of Nik in my mind. Placing the painting down, I moved to stand up, sliding on my shoes and leaving my room. Passing down the hall as I see Elijah coming up the steps, looking all graceful and such.

"Frankie." He greeted with a smile, pausing to scan me over. "Is everything alright?"

"Uh- Elijah- yeah. I'm actually looking for Nik." Elijah's face dropped slightly, making me a bit guilty, but he relaxed as he brightened back up.

"He's in the art room. I was actually going to ask if I could take Tucker out for a bit. Have him get some new clothes and shoes." He told me, "He seems to be growing very fast."

"You don't have to ask, Elijah. He is your son as well... But yeah- as long as you make sure he eats- which I'm sure you will." I told him quickly, not wanting to undercut his parenting skills. I wasn't actually sure how much parenting experience he had, but he seemed to catch on quick.

"Of course-" He leaned over, pressing his lips to my cheek- although it was relativity close to my lips. I rolled my eyes, leaning over to him when he pulled back only to pull him to my lips. Kissing him sweetly before pulling back slightly.

"Don't hold back on me, my Noble Prince." I smiled at him as I saw the somewhat dazed look on his face before a smile stretched out into a smirk on his face. Adjusting his shirt a bit.

"Your Noble Prince?" He repeated with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Don't let it get to your head." I told him sternly. He shook his head laughing.

"No, leave that to Kol and Kai. Maybe even Niklaus." My eyes widen.

"I need to go see Nik." I told him, reminding myself of where I was going. He nodded, leaning forward and pressing a short, longing kiss to my lips before smiling at me. I smiled back before running off, bounding down the stairs quickly before stopping in front of the Art room. My hand on the doorknob as I opened the door. The room was covered in canvas' and sketchings. Tilting my head to the side, it seemed to look familiar.

"Frankie?" I snapped my eyes up to see Nik staring at me from his spot in the corner of the room. Sitting on a stool as he seemed to be sketching at the moment.

"I'm sorry- I should have knocked- this seems like a private room-" Nik laughed, standing up and making his way over to me.

"You never have to knock, love." He told me as he raised his hand to rest on my cheek. "My rooms are your rooms." He added as he smiled down at me. I smiled back at him, leaning into his hand.

"Are you sure?" I asked, enjoying the warmth of his hand on my cheek as his other hand moved to my hip.

"Of course." He assured, before leaning closer to me and capturing my lips. I moved closer to him as I moved my lips with his. Nik's hand tightening as he pulled me closer to his body. My hands moved to the back of his neck, pulling at his blonde curls. A smile spreading on his lips as he pulled back some. "So did you come in here to pull my attention from my sketching?" He questioned with a breathy look to him. He seemed so happy- content. My eyes widen some as I pull back more.

"No- I was actually going to ask you- well if you weren't busy- maybe we could-if you want-" His hand on my chin making me look up at him made me stop my rant.

"Frankie. Breath." He laughed as he held my chin in place. My stomach doing these little flips that made me feel like a teenager.

"I wanted to know if you'd spend the day with me.." I breathed out, a bit of nerves running wild in me. "I understand if you're too busy with your art-" Nik pressed his lips to mine, cutting me off. His hands moving into my hair and tangling themselves deep. Pulling me close to him as his tongue darts along my bottom lip.

"I would love to spend my day with you." He whispered as he pulled back, resting his forehead on my own. A smile that flashed his white teeth at me on his face. "What did you have in mind?"

"I uh- maybe we could do this art- thing?" I offered, unsure. Nik let out a snort, that even coming from him was attractive.

"You don't do art, love. Never have." He told me sternly. I let out a sigh.

"Seems you know me better than I know myself.." I whispered out. Nik's smile frowned downwards.

"What do you mean?" Nik's eyes held concern in them. His hands on my hips as he stepped back to give me some air.

"I just- Nothing seems familiar to me. My room- clothes. Nothing. It's like I've been thrown into a new life- a life I didn't get the chance to live.." I ranted off, my heart fluttering at the face Nik was making.

"Frankie- I never even thought about that.." He trailed off, thoughts rolling through his eyes before they brightened tenfold. "I've got an idea. I was working on something for a while- maybe now would be a good time to show it to you?" He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the art room and grabbing his keys.

"Nik! What are you doing?" I asked, confused why he was dragging me out of the house.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, his eyes holding hopefulness and excitement.

"Of course."