Chapter IV: Emotional Break

I smiled as I ate with Tucker. A dinner of BBQ Chicken stuffed into some homemade bread. A favorite of Tuck's.

"Don't think I forgot about that present of yours

"Don't think I forgot about that present of yours." I told him as I ate the last bite of my bread. Tucker grinned before moving to stand, looking at me for approval to which I nodded. Running off quickly before coming back and placing a poorly wrapped present in front of me before sitting back down and grabbing another slice of the bread. I lifted the present, before looking up at him.

"Go on mom." He urged as he took a bite of his food. I laughed as I noticed some bbq on his cheek. I looked back down, pulling at the paper, tearing it off to find an odd looking device.

"What is this, Tucker?" He shrugged

"I found it outside, it was broken though." He explained as he finished his food. "I put it back together for you. Maybe it's important?" He questioned. I looked back down at it confused. It seemed familiar. But a lot of things did these days. Glancing up at the clock, I noticed the time.

"It's about time for bed, Tuck. Maybe you should go take your bath, okay?" I instructed him. Tucker nodded, drinking his lemonade before standing back up.

"Thank you for dinner, mom. It was delicious. He walked over to me and placed a kiss on my cheek in thanks. Probably spreading bbq sauce on me in the process. I smiled.

"You're welcome. Now go and I'll tuck you in when you're ready." He nodded, running off. I glanced back at the device in my hand. It looked techy. I wasn't very techy at all. But the gears looked moveable. The red stain in the center making me curious what it was used for. My vision blurs for a moment as a foggy image runs past me. A man holding this device, smiling at me.

"I'll be seeing you soon, Angel." The man spoke, pulling the vision me in for a kiss.

"Angel? That's the most normal pet name you've used on me." Vision me joked making him smile at her and shake his head.

"It's not just a pet name, Frankie. You are my Angel. You came to me out of no where. You saved me. Kept me from getting too lost. Not to mention you made me feel something. You are my Angel." He whispered as vision me smiled, pulling him into a hard kiss.

"I love you, Kai Parker."

"Say it when you see me again." He told her sternly before vanishing.

The vision vanishing from me as my sight came back. The man embedded in my memory. Blinking a few times, I glanced to the Pork Rinds on the counter. Tears filling my eyes as I stood up and grabbed them. My memory wasn't back, but I knew that this Kai Parker man was tied to my fascination with these disgusting things. I could feel it. Tears fell down my cheeks as I thought hard, trying to bring back the memory. Bring back his voice. But the harder I tried, the further away it got from me. Sobs breaking through me as I slammed the bag down, throwing my hand out to throw it off the counter in anger.

"You are my Angel."

My body was trying to contain the sobs now, my hand covering my mouth as I slid to the floor. My chest hurting, almost like I was being stabbed repeatedly.

"I'll be seeing you soon, Angel."

Closing my eyes, I imagined him. Hiccuping when he kept fading away from me. I jumped when I felt arms wrap around me, snapping them open to see Tucker hugging me in his pajamas.

"It's okay, mom. It's going to be okay." He whispered as he tried to console me. I swallowed my sobs, putting on a smile.

"Momma's alright, sweetie. Just- just having a bit of a mid-life crisis." I joked while wiping my tears from my cheek and pulling him into a hug.

"Mom, you aren't at mid-life yet." He whispered. I let out a laugh as I shook my head. Pressing a kiss to his head before releasing him.

"Let's get you to bed, alright? It's been a long day." He nodded, standing up with me before I ended up tucking him into bed. "There you are. Snug as a bug?" I asked him. He grinned up at me.

"As a bug in a rug." He finished, laughing as I wiggled my fingers over his sides.

"Good. Go to sleep, alright? Maybe I'll make some apple pie enchiladas for breakfast." I winked. He grinned.

"But thats not breakfast food." He pointed out. I leaned closer to him with a smile.

"Who are you going to tell?"