Chapter VIII: Home is not Home

Henrik and Kai ended up performing the spell needed to get home, it was a lot more complicated than I thought it would have been. Once we got out of the prison world, everything seemed so different. Tucker was so excited to see all of the new things. But I couldn't help to feel out of place as Kol, Kai and Henrik took Tucker into their home. Elijah and Nik following behind, scolding the younger ones on their influencing.

I stood there, looking at the home, my home. The thing was though, it didn't feel like home. I wondered if it ever did feel like home to me in the past. It was large and unnecessary. So many people. I let out a long breath, looking away from the house and to the ground.

"Frankie?" I jumped turning to see Finn was still standing near me, watching me. His hazel eyes holding concern. "Are you okay?" He asked as he placed his hand on my shoulder lightly, trying to soothe me. I nodded.

"Yeah- I'm- I'm fine." I told him. His eyebrow raising at me, like he knew I wasn't being honest. I sucked my lips in, making a straight line as I looked away from him. A sigh leaving his lips.

"We'll figure out how to fix this. I promise." He told me in confidence, his voice soft as if he was afraid I would break. I shook my head at him.

"I'm not worried. I've- I actually have gotten two memories.." I told him slowly. Finn's eyes brightened up but dulled when he noticed my expression.

"That's not good?" He questioned.

"No." I paused, noticing he looked sad. "No- I didn't mean- I don't know what I mean.." I trailed off. Finn stared at me as my face dropped, looking away from him as I tried to figure out how I even felt- if I felt anything. I didn't notice as Finn moved to stand in front of me, his hand reaching out and grabbing my chin, making me look at him. His hazel eyes staring at me before his other hand reaching out wiping the tear that had escaped. I didn't even know it was there.

"It's okay to not know." Finn said softly. "This is an unknown area for you. It's scary and different. But-" He took a breath. "Let us help you. I want to be here for you, Frankie." He whispered, his hand releasing my chin as he stroked my cheek. Warmth spreading through my skin as I leaned into his touch. I reached up, placing my hand on his hand. My vision darkened as I stared up at him, a memory rushing in front of my eyes.

"I've waited weeks to give you this!" Vision Finn exclaimed, he seemed so excited as he grabbed what looked to be a spray bottle and handed it to vision me.

"Uh- thank you, Finn?"

It was a short vision- one I didn't understand one bit of it though. My eyebrows lacing together in the middle as I stared up into his curious eyes.

"A spray bottle.." I whispered. His eyes looked confused before something seemed to have clicked together. A laugh coming up his throat as he smiled at me, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Out of all the other memories, thats the one that you get of me?" He spoke with a laugh in his tone. I stared up at him curiously. "I had given you a spray bottle to torture my mother."

"Your mother? Why would I-" My vision darkening once more as more than one vision ran through my mind.

"Esther Mikaelson. It's a Pleasure"  She didn't seem to really think of it as a pleasure, the scowl on her face saying otherwise.

"Frankie? Sounds like a Whore's name." Her lip curled as she glanced down her nose at me.

"You were married?!" Her face held such a forced shock look, it surprised me that no one knew it was an act.

"You stay away from my boys." This time it looked old, faded. A young Finn and Elijah passing through my mind. They both looked so innocent, not knowing the evils that this world held for them.

"I met you first. You and Elijah.." I muttered as my vision cleared and Finn's confused face met mine.

"No you didn't- you met Niklaus first. He brags about it often." I shook my head at him. Blinking in confusion.

"No. I remember clearly. I saw you and Elijah playing with rocks, god knows what you both were truly doing- but I asked you if I could play too. Your mother interrupted, something about your father needing help." Finn tilted his head, his eyes looking so lost.

"I- I don't remember you being there." I raised my brow at him a smile on my face.

"Look who's forgetful now." I joked.

"How do you remember this? You didn't know this before- you never mentioned it." Finn told me as he watched me close my eyes as I tried to place the memory. Kai coming to mind.

"Kai helped me, I believe. I'm not a hundred percent though." Finn shook his head.

"Mother." He muttered, before looking at me again with a smile. "You may have just solved some problems in our lives. Now we need to work on yours." He leaned down, his lips pressing to my forehead. When he pulled back I glanced up at him, my hand going to his cheek before leaning up and connecting our lips. The warmth was doubled- almost like sparks. How is this something I could so easily forget? When I pulled back, Finn looked dazed and dreamy.

"I want to remember." I whispered softly. His Hazel eyes met my brown ones- shining in happiness.

"Frankie?" I jerked my head to the side to see Elijah looking a bit flustered. "Tucker said something about needing to be snug as a bug for bed?" He looked so confused that both Finn and I lost it in laughter.

"I'll be right there." I told him, before leaning up and kissing Finn gently on the kiss. "I'm being called for, I suppose." He smiled as I pulled away from him. Moving to go inside to help Elijah, but Finn grabbed my hand, pulling me to his chest as he captured my lips. His hands moving to wrap around my waist as he held me close to him. Moving his lips passionately with mine. When we pulled a part, his forehead resting on mine as we stared at each other. The bond. I felt it.

"I really should go help with Tucker." I told him in a breathy whisper. He smiled.

"Of course." With that we parted.