Chapter XX: Changing Room

Nik and I were roaming the clothing store together, handing him things to hold, on his request. I was mostly on the search for some normal clothes, but I had noticed that he was adding a few dresses to the mix. I'm not talking about sun dresses.

"Nik- what are you doing?" I questioned him as I saw him picking up a fluffy dress. He had a sheepish grin on his face as he looked up at me.

"Nothing, love. I just- nothing, nothing at all." I let out a laugh at his fake innocence. Scolding him as he held the dress up for me to see. It was not something you would wear on an average day.

"What would I even need that dress for?" I questioned him. Nik shrugged.

"You never know when we might throw a party or something, love." He told me. I shook my head.

"In our small house?" Nik shook his head no.

"Of course not. We'll keep the mansion for party's." He explained. I nodded, taking the dress from him as I examine it. "Maybe I'll even take you places that you need to wear a dress for. If I remember correctly, at the ball you looked Devine." He told me. Ball? I looked at him confused. I remember something about being somewhere all dressy, but it was a memory about Esther.

"Well maybe I should try this on then." I told him with a smile. Nik seemed to have brighten up more as I looked around, spotting a changing room. "I'll be right back." I told him, pointing at him to stay. He stood tall, nodding his head in mock salute. I turned and headed towards the changing room, taking my time to undress as I started to place the dress on me. It was beautiful. Black with red roses covering it. The sleeve poofy side sleeves that hung near my elbow. A slit up the leg.

It was absolutely gorgeous

It was absolutely gorgeous. I went to peek my head out the door, "Nik?" I spoke clearly. Waiting for him to come to me. But instead a memory hit me, causing me to stumble a bit.

"Frankie! What is your deal??" Nik demanded, my vision self snapping a glare towards him.

"My deal?! What is my deal he asks." I let out a laugh, that sounds a bit crazed as I walk away form the door in front of me. "I don't know, Nik! What is my deal!?" Vision me started to pace as Nik stared at her.

""Frankie- love.. Calm down please." She shot him another glare. The anger from her filling me. Like a mixture of pain and anger, but the pain was buried deep in me. Nik held his hands up in mock surrender.

"You pulled away from me, Nik." She told him, hurt in her eyes. It was like a mist of emotion fogging over the anger if only for a split second. "I reached out for you and you pulled away like I was some diseased parasite." Nik stared at her in a mixture of shock and confusion. Like he didn't remember doing that.

"I didn't mean to..I was in shock of my mother-"

"Oh! Not your mother! The woman who introduced me to Erik. My first husband who raped and abused me." I looked away from myself, seeing Nik holding a anger in him. Like he took offense to what I had said.

"Don't go accusing her of this. How was she to know he would do such a thing?? And you married him!! She didn't force you to!"

"Don't you remember the times, Niklaus? Back then you married to feed your parents. I married Erik so my father would be able to live happily. I didn't sign up to be put through all of that."

"Makes you actually sound like a whore." He muttered. Pain ran through my chest at his words. Like a webbing of darkness pumping through my heart and into the rest of my body. I felt myself drop to my knees, thankfully protected by the puffiness of the dress.

"Excuse me?! You are not serious right now. There is no way that you just said that-" She cut herself off, taking a deep breath. I could feel the tears that was getting in my own eyes. The tears of betrayal and rejection. Humiliation. Tears streaming down my face as I felt arms wrap around my actual body, but I couldn't stop the memory. "Get out, Niklaus." She spoke softly in one breath. It was so low that if I was human, I wouldn't have heard it.

"Frankie-" He tried but I saw her snap her eyes at him. Red flooding her eyes from the pure sadness and rage filling them. It hurt myself to see this. I wanted it to stop.

"I SAID GET OUT!" She screamed at him. I watched as Nik turned, his eyes catching mine for a moment as I saw the regret in his eyes. He didn't mean to do this. Was it his mother? Was he bewitched? I felt a sob running up my chest, trying to break free as my bottom lip quivered. A pain shooting through me and causing the sob to break free followed by a loud scream of agony.

The vision blurred out as I sobbed out from the pain in my chest. Warm arms wrapped around me causing me to panic slightly before I heard the familiar voice of Henrik.

"Shhh- it's okay. I have you now, sweetheart. Breath." He kept whispering. I was confused why he was here. But I couldn't ask as I cowered into his arms, crying out in pain and fear. Fear of losing any of my soulmates. Fear of being torn from them once more.