Chapter XI: Late Night Feelings

Baking was the one thing that I had that would forever be my happy place. Smelling the air as the smell of different fruits filled the air. Moving to the oven to pull out the Lemon-blueberry bread I had just baked, before moving back to the counter to mix the dough for the cinnamon roll cookies.

"Frankie?" I jumped at the sound, the wooden spoon flinging out of my hand only to be caught by the hand of Finn Mikaelson, who was standing in the doorway

"Frankie?" I jumped at the sound, the wooden spoon flinging out of my hand only to be caught by the hand of Finn Mikaelson, who was standing in the doorway. Eyes wide and shock floating in them. His eyes moved from me to all of the food prepared on the counters. "What's wrong?" He questioned as he walked over to me, pulling something out of my hair only to hold it in front of me. A mashed blueberry in his fingers.

"I- I'm fine. Just couldn't sleep and baking helps." I told him calmly, taking the spoon from him. "Sorry about that, you uh- scared me." I turned away from him, going back to the dough. Finn wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his chin on my shoulder as he watched me stir the dough.

"Frankie- why are you awake at this ungodly hour?" He breathed out in a questioning tone. A shiver running down my spine as his warm breath fanned my cheek. I swallowed hard as the tingles of the bond was pulsing through me.

"I told you- I couldn't sleep." I told him when I was able to breath. Finn hummed softly as his face moved to the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply before his lips pressed lightly to my skin. Goosebumps spreading in his wake. His arms tightening around my waist as the wooden spoon drops from my hand.

"Don't sugar coat things with me, Frankie." He breathed against my neck. His teeth dragging along my neck as he breathed in my scent. A small moan bubbling from my lips at the burning feeling he left in a trail after him. His hands moving to my hips and massaging into them. "What is bothering you?" He asked in a low tone. I shook my head at him, turning in his grip as his hands adjusted on my hips again, his eyes looking into mine, darkened to a near black shade. Passion floating around twirling around the lust. But that wasn't all I saw in his eyes. The lust was filled with need and want. Near desperation. The need to be one. I knew this because I felt it in me as well. It was the one thing I was sure of, as I leaned up connecting our lips.

Finn's hands tightened on my hips as he moved his lips with mine. My hands moved to the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me as our chests met in the middle. The heat spreading through me from Finn's touch. His hands pulled me closer to him. A breeze flashing past us as Finn sped us to his room, locking the door behind him as he laid me gently on the bed. His lips pressing to mine as I wrap my legs around him, pulling him to me. A growl erupting from his throat as I pressed my lower half into him. His hand moved to squeeze my bare thigh seeing as I was only in a oversized shirt.

Finn pulled away, both of us panting even though we are both vampires. His eyes staring into mine with a serious look.

"I can wait- I know this is all still new to you. You just got back. I don't want you to feel pushed or pressured." He breathed out. I shook my head, my hands on his cheeks as I start to pull him back in for another kiss.