XXIX: Time is Sacred

I slept between Nik and Kai in my bed. My mind dreamless but sounds still echoing around. A woman's voice entering my mind, making me snap my eyes open to the darkness that filled the room.

"Francesca.."

I moved Kai's arm carefully, sitting up to look around. The voice was more- familiar than it was before. Before it was like there was an invisible barrier holding it back. Sounding muffled and restrained. But now- now it sounds like it was fighting the odds to get to me. But nothing was in the room. Nothing but shadows and a bit of moonlight from the window. Moving to lay back down, sleep trying to overcome me.

"FRANCESCA!"

I jerked back into a sitting position, eyes moving around quickly, trying to spot the thing making the noise. Grabbing Nik's arm to move him off my waist, I slid down the bed to stand up. Not waking either of them up.

"Hurry.."

The voice was fading. Like whoever was speaking was walking away from me. But when I tried to place where it was coming from, I had nothing. Moving my feet that felt like lead, I noticed a glimmer of something in the corner of the room. Like a misty substance was floating around.

"Time is Sacred."

I had no idea what the woman was trying to tell me. It was like a warning. Something was about to happen. But what? I looked behind me to see Nik and Kai were both in a dead sleep, a pillow somehow getting between them and they were hugging it like it was me. When my head turned back, a woman stood directly in front of me causing a gasp to leave my lips.

"Mom?" I questioned as I stared at the ghostly looking woman. Her eyes held pain as she stared at me. And as a voice came through, her lips did not move.

"Don't give up."

Was all that was said and soon as she was there, she was gone. A scream echoing throughout the house causing my stomach to drop. My veins filling with ice as I ran. Ignoring Nik and Kai as I ran like my life depended on it, which in my mind it did. Running down the hall, I slammed open the bedroom door just in time to see Tucker and a woman- disappearing. My eyes wide as I launch forward to grab him but falling straight to the floor in a heap of pain and panic.

I stood up quickly, looking around the room for some kind of clue, some kind scent. Anything. But I had nothing. Pulling his blankets back and searching everywhere. Tears were streaming down my face but I was in so much shock that I didn't notice.

"Frankie?" I ignored my mates calling my name from the doorway. My hands moving frantic to find something. A hair, a fragment of whatever just happened. My mind moving so fast that I didn't realize when I started to hyperventilate until arms wrapped around me. I tried fighting them off, clawing and squirming, but they held on tightly, ignoring my frantic attempts.

"Frankie. Stop." I froze as Finn held me tightly to him. "Breath. We can't find him if you don't breath." He told me in a low whisper, pulling me closer to his chest. I listened to his breathing, as unnecessary as it was to breath, it was needed. In this moment, in this time. I took a deep breath as a sob ran through me.

"H-he's gone. I-I-" I had no idea what had just happened. I was living my best life and then this happens. My flesh and blood was ripped from me. Like it was just that easy. How was it that easy? How did I not think to run in here right away? I was distracted. My dead heart clenched in pain as I revisit the image of Tucker's face filled with nothing but fear. The woman was a blank face in my mind. I had no idea what she looked like. Why didn't I look at her? Why didn't I get here in time.

"We'll find him." Elijah spoke up. I snapped my eyes to him. I could see the emotion buried back into his mind, trying to stay strong. But I didn't care. Does that make me an awful mate? I didn't care that my own soulmates were hurting right now just like I was. I looked away from him, looking down at the ground as I try to push my emotions down. Try to picture the woman.

But nothing. Tucker was gone. And I had no idea when or if- I would ever see him again. And with that- I fell to my knees, letting the emotion tear through me like a hurricane. Screaming in pain.

To Be Continued.