28. Nightmares

Song by @Derivakat on YouTube
Art by @irrttggg on Twitter

Dream POV

I watch Nightmare exit the room where Punz is being kept.

"Sooooo, how'd it go?" I ask.

She sighs and takes off the mask.

"He was confused and shocked at finding out that I'm Nightmare. I gave him the option to join us or be stuck here forever. He gets until tomorrow morning to think about it."

"How can we be sure Punz can be trusted?" I ask.

Punz betrayed me once before, I don't want it to happen again.

"He wants your forgiveness and I'm the only friend he has left that actually cares about him."

"What about Sapnap? I remember they were pretty close."

"Punz believes that Sapnap doesn't care about him. Every time I fight them, Sapnap always tries to beat me rather than help Punz when he's hurt. Punz believes it and I can partially see why that's true but Sapnap might still care. However, I can use this to convince him."

"Say he doesn't agree," I say.

"Then he's stuck here forever. I don't want to kill him, he's my friend," Y/N sighs.

"I do."

"Dream give him a chance," she sighs tiredly. "He regrets what he did."

"I'll think about it."

"Fine, anyways, it's getting late. We should get to bed."

"Yeah, I guess."

Y/N leaves to change while I take off my clothes and change into a white T-shirt and gray sweatpants. I leave my armor on the stand and my outfit by the bed. I climb under the covers and pull out my black journal which now has crisscrossing green lines on it. I pull out one of the green pens that Y/N gave me and write a new entry.

February 17,

Y/N captured Punz and wants him to join us. I don't trust him. He's betrayed me already. What if he does it again? She trusts him because they were friends but I don't know if I can trust him. He has to make a decision tomorrow morning. I'm convinced he'll agree. Maybe I should give him a chance. I can always kill him later.

I close my journal and slip it into the nightstand drawer.

God, where would I be without Y/N?

As if on cue, she comes back to the bed, dressed in a black hoodie with a white smile on it and black leggings.

"Hey princess," I say with a smirk unable to stop staring.

"You're staring," she says accusingly.

"You just look good in that."

Y/N smiles and climbs into bed with me. She grabs my chin and looks into my eyes.

"One thing I forgot to mention when we're alone, you can call me Y/N. When we're around anyone else that doesn't know who I truly am, you call me Nightmare. They can't find out the truth. I faked my death in the prison explosion."

I nod.

"Okay."

"Good."

She settles under the covers and flips a switch that turns out all the redstone lamps leaving us in pitch-black darkness.

"Y/N?" I whisper. I feel her turn to face me.

"Yes?"

"My real name isn't Dream, it's Clay. "