76. No More Hiding

Art by @araostar on Twitter

Dream POV

I watch Nightmare leave on one of her mysterious adventures. I wonder where she's going this time.

After a few hours, she still hasn't returned. I decide to set off and find her, even if she doesn't want me to follow.

I'm pretty sure she headed South.

I throw on my usual dark green hoodie and armor. I put the elytra on under my cloak and fasten the mask to my head.

After passing forests and plains, I come to a large desert.

Not a desert, a country, with buildings?

As I get closer, I hear voices. Slowing to a stop, I hide behind a large building and peer around the edge.

Quackity is fighting with Foolish, both of them yelling.

"I'm not just you test monkey!" Foolish screams. "Is that all I was to you?! I did so much to help you build Las Nevadas!"

"Yes, and since you barely fought in the war, the least you can do is help me!" Quackity slams his axe down onto Foolish's shield.

"It's not about helping! It's about be experimented on to recreate undying! You can't steal the undying from me! It was given to me by the god"

"Then I can take it out" Quackity says with a smile.

Behind the large statue of DreamXD, I see a dark mask peek out and then withdraw again.

She's here. What is she doing?

I point towards the fight and pull out my sword. She pulls out hers as well and gives me a "wait" sign with her hand.

I decide to wait for her signal and then jump in. My whole body is itching to kill Quackity but I remember my promise to Sapnap.

"If we ever end up fighting them, let me kill Quackity, he abandoned Karl and I, I want revenge"

"Understood" I smirked. "I'll let you have your vengeance"

I want vengeance on Quackity, Sapnap wants vengeance on Quackity, and Nightmare wants vengeance on Quackity.

As the fight continues, Quackity splashes Foolish with a potion and jumps back.

"Ahhhh!" Foolish staggers back covering his eyes. "You used a blindness potion?!"

"Yes," Quackity advances with an evil smile. "You weren't willing to come willingly so I guess I'll have to take you by force"

Foolish blindly lunges out and tries to swing at Quackity but of course, he misses.

Quackity chuckles and pulls out two more potions.

Both splash at Foolish's feet and I watch the particles fly around him.

Poison and weakness.

Foolish collapses to the ground. Quackity's steps over him with a smile and reaches over to tie his hands together.

I glance over at the statue and Nightmare is gone from her spot.

Where do she go?

Quackity pulls out a rope and gets his ready to tie it around Foolish's wrists.

A hand reaches down from behind and grabs the rope, twisting out of his grasp and wrapping it around his neck.