59. Realization

Art by @blldbunradio on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Sam do you think you're the good guy?" Dream asks.

"Well, Sam shifts in his chair, the chains clanking slightly. "I don't think I'm a bad guy"

"Really?" Dream crosses his arms.

He just doesn't get it. No one's truly good. No one's truly bad. Everyone has done bad and good things, for what they thought was right. I did what I did to bring peace to the server. This whole war is to reunite the server for peace. Even if I die trying, I'll know that I did it for everyone's good.

"I mean yeah, I haven't done bad things, at least compared to you"

"Really?" Dream raises his eyebrows. "Let's compare us shall we?"

"Okay" Sam glances at him with uncertainty.

"You claim that I'm evil, that I'm the bad guy. What have I done that makes me the bad guy?"

"You wanted to control the Smp. You wanted to take peoples' attachments so you could control them"

Dream laughs.

"No, I didn't. I never wanted control over the entire Smp. It was just all for show, to make everyone believe that I was the true veil villain" Dream chuckles again. "What did you all do? Unite together against me. You put your differences aside and worked together to bring peace across the Smp. And you all thought, that by putting me away, that all your problems would be solved. Oh how wrong you all were"

"So you don't want to control people?"

"No, I just want peace. I agree that I did bad things, but in my mind, it was for the greater good. For everyone's greater good. For peace."

"Then why this? Why war? Why keep me here?"

"Tommy declared war on me first. If I can destroy factions during the war, people won't be divided and motivated by selfish interests. Everyone will have to live together and eventually, the Smp will be at peace again"

"What do I have to do with any of this"

"You let Quackity torture me. You kept me in prison for over a year. I'm not just going to let that go. I should kill you, and Quackity too as revenge but I won't. I'll have mercy, this time."

"Dream, you're the bad guy. You've hurt and killed people"

"So have you"

"What?"

Dream leans back in the chair and pushes up his mask so it rests just above his mouth.

"I killed Tommy to prove a point, to prove that the revival book was real. I want even sure if the book was real. I did it to prove it to myself too. Tommy was calling me a liar, how else was I supposed to prove it?
You cut off Ponk's arm to prove the point that you're this big bad warden and that you're not afraid to hurt someone if they step out of line. You hurt someone to prove a point"

"You murdered a child!"

"Yes I did, but if anyone else had come in, I would have killed them too. It was just that Tommy was there when I conveniently needed to prove it. I'm not evil. If I wanted Tommy dead I would have just killed him again. I revived him and let him live."

"I guess you're right"

"Sam, you're not evil. Neither am I. We both did bad things but for what we believed we're good reasons. You wanted the book to share its knowledge and I wanted to bring peace to the Smp. Both are noble causes, yet we both did bad things to try and get there"

"What do you want to do for your revenge?"

"Well I don't want to kill. That would make me a murderer. But I do need revenge on those who have wronged me."

Dream taps his fingers along his leg for a few seconds.

"Tell you what Sam, I'll let you go. You can get out of here and not be chained up in this box"

Sam's eyes shine with hope.

"But," I smirk curls onto Dream's lips. "If you want out of here, you'll spy on the other side  for me in the war"

"What?! No! I can't betray my allies!"

"If I recall, you told Quackity that you wanted nothing to do with Las Nevadas"

"That's—"

"You'll be joining the rest of your allies too. Bad, Ant, they're both with me"

"They sided with you?"

"Of course. I learned that Bad actually helped me escape, just subtly"

Sam leans his head back and glances at the chains.

If I can learn about Dream's plans, I can tell them and maybe, they can protect me from Dream's wrath.

"Okay Dream" Sam looks up. "I'll help you. Just please let me out of here"

Dream smiles and twirls the keys around his fingers.

After unlocking Sam's chains, they go outside.

"Well I guess this is where I leave you. Meet back here in 5 days, around midnight and tell me what information you've gathered"

Sam nods.

Dream dips his head towards the moon and just as it hits midnight. Dream vanishes.

"Welcome back Dream" Y/N stands next to the set stasis chamber.

"Hey" he smiles and replaces the pearl.

"Where'd you go?" She asks.

Dream tells her about his plan with Sam.

"He was lying though" Dream scoffs. "I could tell. He'll betray me sometime in the future. I need to be ready"

"Well it's a good thing that you already have Micheal and Callahan ready for their mission"

"Yeah," Dream fingers his sword. "I just a think that it'll come when I least expect it"

"True. Life is often full of unexpected things. You never know where they're going to show up. But sometimes, they can lead to a positive outcome"

Dream yawns.

"I'm tired I'll see you what the base".

Y/N nods and locks up the meeting base before heading into the forest for a walk.

I need to help Dream counter this.
How?
We need someone to betray them.
I know who to ask.
I also need someone unexpected to be on the battlefield as an ally.
Someone no one will suspect.
Someone that no one will want to kill.
Someone who is skilled.

Y/N thoughts flash through conversations she had and then, she realizes something. One conversation with someone.

"Trained in combat... pretty skilled"

I know who to ask. But first, I need to visit a certain, alien.

———————————————————————————

Hmmm I added most of the Smp members.
Who could this be?
(If you know who it is, don't spoil it in the comments)
Will Purpled accept or decide to betray Dream for Las Nevadas?
Remember: He wants the revival book.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!